2012 prostar AC condensor
05-13-2018, (Subject: 2012 prostar AC condensor ) 
RE: 2012 prostar AC condensor
(05-13-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Replace the condenser, flush the system thoroughly with lacquer thinner. Blow system out with CLEAN DRY air thoroughly to remove any thinner from the system, reconnect all fittings and change any worn seals, For older compressors i like using a heavier weight oil. i bought a bottle of pag from oreilly with dye in it. I believe it held about 10 oz. Vacuum vacuum vacuum!!! Vacuum the system down to 500micron or 30inhg. Recharge system. I believe it holds about 3.5-4 cans but i charge off psi and not exact weight. Please tell me you didnt seriously suggest using rotella in the ac system?

thank you for your reply. no im asking about rotella for the engine.
replyreply
I loved the video. I couldn't stop listening. There is now no wonder why engineers and manufacturers can't build the perfect truck or sell great replacement parts.... They probably never stopped to think "if we would just stop being racist, we wouldn't waste so much time, energy and material making junk idea's and everyone would have the perfect truck"
Hahahaha!! I just can't stop laughing at this thought and how a guy can think the world is out to get him and his skin color that much.
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  
(05-12-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  Hello everyone,
I noticed today that there is a hole in the condenser on my 2012 prostar and the ac won't blow cold. It looks to be not too hard to replace, but my question is if i open the system up to replace the condensor will the dryer be destroyed and have to be replace also? i saw this video
https://youtu.be/HpxmXmSbbNQ
That video made my head hurt. I think my brain shi#t itself. Seriously though i lost iq points.

hahahaha. that internet for ya. thats why i registered on this forum. to get real information. what viscosity oil u reccommend? im new to the game
replyreply
One thing I learned on my 2008 ProStar, is that she doesn’t like the non-OEM expansion valves. And the condenser, I would call http://www.truckerac.com Monday morning and see if they have an exact fit condenser. Ours use rubber bushings at the top and bottom to hold them in place. A universal type unit will not work in our trucks without causing a major PIA. Direct fit on the condenser or pay the vig at the dealer. And no aftermarket expansion valves, I have tried a couple, the orifice is not the correct size and they cause all sorts of issues, at least on my system.

Oil? Regular Rotella, 15w-40, and add a gallon of Sta-Lube, 85w-90 GL4, you have the SCR system on your truck, correct? You run DEF fluid correct? The Sta-Lube has the additives our motors need, the additives that the EPA saw fit to strip out of these newer motor oils. And if you still have the EPA mandate, get rid of that ASAP and don’t look back.

Then the fuel pump, you need to have that inspected for the plunger issues. They can fail, and when they do, the possibility is very real that it can destroy your motor. When I say destroy, I mean destroy. Take it to the metal scrap yard as it destroys the block, it will never run again. You have a ticking time bomb under your hood if this is a CM-2250 motor that requires DEF fluid. If you don’t require DEF fluid to operate your truck, then you dodged a bullet and have one of the last of the CM-871 motors.

Where are you located?
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  One thing I learned on my 2008 ProStar, is that she doesn’t like the non-OEM expansion valves. And the condenser, I would call http://www.truckerac.com Monday morning and see if they have an exact fit condenser. Ours use rubber bushings at the top and bottom to hold them in place. A universal type unit will not work in our trucks without causing a major PIA. Direct fit on the condenser or pay the vig at the dealer. And no aftermarket expansion valves, I have tried a couple, the orifice is not the correct size and they cause all sorts of issues, at least on my system.

Oil? Regular Rotella, 15w-40, and add a gallon of Sta-Lube, 85w-90 GL4, you have the SCR system on your truck, correct? You run DEF fluid correct? The Sta-Lube has the additives our motors need, the additives that the EPA saw fit to strip out of these newer motor oils. And if you still have the EPA mandate, get rid of that ASAP and don’t look back.

Then the fuel pump, you need to have that inspected for the plunger issues. They can fail, and when they do, the possibility is very real that it can destroy your motor. When I say destroy, I mean destroy. Take it to the metal scrap yard as it destroys the block, it will never run again. You have a ticking time bomb under your hood if this is a CM-2250 motor that requires DEF fluid. If you don’t require DEF fluid to operate your truck, then you dodged a bullet and have one of the last of the CM-871 motors.

Where are you located?

im in atlanta Georgia. i need to do more research. i dont kno which motor. all i kno is it has the 12.4 liter maxforce how can i distinguish 2250 and 871?
replyreply
i think i have a navistar n13 12.4 twin turbo
replyreply
(05-13-2018 )hatchhero Wrote:  ...
all i kno is it has the 12.4 liter maxforce how can i distinguish 2250 and 871?

Save yourself the headache of owning that horrible engine ... Sell the truck, get one with a red engine instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
(05-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
all i kno is it has the 12.4 liter maxforce how can i distinguish 2250 and 871?

Save yourself the headache of owning that horrible engine ... Sell the truck, get one with a red engine instead.

i know. but i just need it to last a year or 2. it runs great at this time with 387000 miles . im assuming its horrible because the lack of power.

What are some simple things i can do to help it last?
im mechanically inclined
replyreply
im assuming its horrible because the lack of power.

im mechanically inclined

Not lack of power. People have really bad luck with them and they are hard to make a profit with because the engine is a bastard child from hell that has since been discontinued.

there is a reason those trucks are so cheap!>

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.