Isx surging or rough idle
05-13-2018, (Subject: Isx surging or rough idle ) 
Isx surging or rough idle
Takes 6-7 revelations to fire. Once started it rough idles the have to bring rpm up to 1000 then hold for 10 sec .Once that's held for 10 sec the rpm raises on it self to 1100rm. Let it idle at 600 after and it's fine.
Sometimes I will get to a stop sign or a light and it'll buck like half the motor isn't there. I'll have to bring it up too 1000 rpm again let it sit and let go of peddle and it's ok again. If I try to run at a green light after I sat on red and it's acting up. It'll puff black smoke.:oh:
replyreply
RE: Isx surging or rough idle
(05-13-2018 )Bryanluster1 Wrote:  Takes 6-7 revelations to fire. Once started it rough idles the have to bring rpm up to 1000 then hold for 10 sec .Once that's held for 10 sec the rpm raises on it self to 1100rm. Let it idle at 600 after and it's fine.
Sometimes I will get to a stop sign or a light and it'll buck like half the motor isn't there. I'll have to bring it up too 1000 rpm again let it sit and let go of peddle and it's ok again. If I try to run at a green light after I sat on red and it's acting up. It'll puff black smoke.:oh:

Really need help on this
replyreply
more info! Codes? Which isx?
replyreply
How long has it been doing it? How many miles on the engine? Have you tried anything to fix it?
replyreply
What model engine? truck? year? miles?

when did it start? some history?

We don't have truck E.S.P.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-14-2018, (Subject: Isx surging or rough idle ) 
04 isx. He started this story in the gossip box.
replyreply
Without having insite hooked up It sounds like you have an injector bad causing an entire bank to get thrown off. Make sure your tanks and fuel filters are clean, no leaks in fuel lines, No bubbles in davco. Then id warm up the engine, drain the davco and refill with sea foam, restart run for about a minute kill it and let sit for an hr or so. If you have insite check codes and run a cutout test after u get done cleaning. Try running one bank at a time and try running on each cylinder by itself.
replyreply
Sounds like an injector. But also check the metering and timing actuators. Physically pull them off and pull them apart and check them. Rawze has instructions on here for checking them.

I don't know about using sea-foam on your engine. Thats a $20000 gamble on if your gonna burn something or break something with pre-ignition. Plus maybe dislodging a possible obstruction or gum and then ramming it thru the fuel system and ultimately in to the injectors.
If you suspect an obstruction its always better to search for it thru process of elimination then clean it out off of the truck, than to try and dissolve it and force the gunk thru.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I can assure you sea foam isnt gonna destroy the engine. Its made for both gas and diesel. I personally would much rather spend 10 bucks on an injector cleaner than spend hrs tearing down actuators, cleaning the mounting surfaces and replacing them steel seals. Especially if there wasnt a thing wrong with em. If cleaner dont work then move on to actuators and injectors.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.