Buying a truck question
05-27-2018, (Subject: Buying a truck question ) 
RE: Buying a truck question
(05-27-2018 )schISM Wrote:  
(05-26-2018 )Explosia Wrote:  I plan to demandate whatever I buy, so is it imperative I get an apu? I plan to keep it for approximately 2-3 years then buy new and properly maintain that truck for a couple million miles. So would it be a bad idea to idle a demandated engine?

If you plan on the custom tune route there are ways to get the idle fuel down to a point that negates any roi you may get from an apu especially if you only keep the truck for 2-3 years

(05-26-2018 )Explosia Wrote:  I found a laptop that would be dedicated for insite, but it’s 1.83GHz, 1.5 DDR2, and 80GB. Is only 1.5 of ram good enough?

That should be fine for a dedicated laptop

(05-26-2018 )Explosia Wrote:  What is the build date between the 2250 and 2350? I recall hearing it was may ‘13? Where do I find where it is labeled?

The tag on the ecm will tell ya if it's a 2350.

Great info, thanks just what I was wanting advise on. Many more choices without an apu, I may go that route. On another note, I read in another post you mentioning look for the white mark on the oil filter housing for updated o rings. I haven’t read about this. Is there a service bulletin about the oem o rings?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying a truck question - Explosia - 05-27-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.