Recaps or New Tires?
05-29-2018, (Subject: Recaps or New Tires? ) 
RE: Recaps or New Tires?
I run local dump trucks and have had really good luck running recaps but only using 16 ply rough service Yokohama my 507 all position tires 26/32 tread depth or Yokohama my 053 drive tire with 32/32 tread depth they both have the same buff radius. All first time caps are drive with 32/32 tread the 2nd and 3rd capping can be drive or trailer rib. I have never had a virgin Yokohama blow out and have very few problems with caps and only once the casing gets to about 10 years old I did just have 3 casings fail in the last 4 months 2 were from 2006 and 1 from 2008 they were all running out on a trailer, Parkhouse tire will not cap a casing older than 5 years so those tires had been well abused on that trailer for awhile.

I only get 40K miles out of a new or recap tire with 32/32 tread depth on the drive position and we only run about 45K a year. The trailers are not pulled all the time so I,m not really sure on miles but it would be closer to 100K on new tread.

If you are going to run caps you have to do some research, all casings are not the same they have very different designs and some just should not be capped, my business is very hard on tires but not in the same way you over the road guys are, a long run for us is 25 miles loaded then empty back we don't really have a heat build up issue but we are overloaded and jump curbs all the time
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Recaps or New Tires? - AHMLLC - 05-27-2018,
RE: Recaps or New Tires? - arch_stanton - 05-29-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.