Massive oil leak...
07-21-2018, (Subject: Massive oil leak... ) 
RE: Massive oil leak...
(07-21-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  Do you happen to have a misfire? Reason i ask i just rebuilt a 2350 couple weeks ago and it did exactly the same thing. Oil was heavily blowing out the breather pipe and the valve cover gasket and made a huge mess. Ran perfect before it blew. Ended up being a hole in the piston.

Sorry, no intention to freak you out, its just eerily similar to what i recently saw.

Not to hijack the thread but that is an odd place for a piston to crack. They usually only do so on the exhaust side instead of the front like that one is. Piston does not look severely overheated but still, just make sure the injection timing in the program is not set a bit too high if it is de-mandated.

Also could be a bad injector spray pattern hitting to one side of the cylinder. I would recommend not re-using that injector just as a safety measure + inspecting the spray pattern shadow(s) on all the other pistons .

Also could be poor oil flow from the cooling nozzle into the bottom of the piston or carbon packing/buildup on the under side of the piston in the area that the cooling nozzle feeds.

I have also seen after-market EGR coolers cause that, but it is usually accompanied with EGR high temp alarms in the ECM to go with it.

Just some thoughts on it while enjoying my beer.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Starlight

Messages In This Thread
Massive oil leak... - Pete1990 - 07-21-2018,
RE: Massive oil leak... - Rawze - 07-21-2018
RE: Massive oil leak... - Unilevers - 07-24-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.