Massive oil leak...
07-22-2018, (Subject: Massive oil leak... ) 
RE: Massive oil leak...
(07-22-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
As far as Pete1990's problem(s), hopefully it is simply a bad valve cover gasket or something. Also might want to make sure the crank case breather tube is not clogged.

Does it have a lot of blow-by when the oil fill tube cap is removed?. Any large amount of excessive smoke while idling? -- A cracked piston or ring will typically have those symptoms as well.

engine age? and some history?

No not really a lot of By blow out the oil fill tube. I mean i see a little but too much. Engine is 07 with just shy of 900k miles I Haven't really had it opened past the valve cover. 6 new injectors couple years ago rods mains oil pump. Cam was looking great a year ago. No smoke from exhaust at idle i get black smoke when boosting but thats only if i boost it hard. I Did noticed on the back of the valve cover there is oil on the very back part. I Was gonna go get oil and try to start the truck again but the drive shaft is out and don't wanna take that chance of it falling and taking my engine harness with it lol
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Massive oil leak... - Pete1990 - 07-21-2018,
RE: Massive oil leak... - Pete1990 - 07-22-2018
RE: Massive oil leak... - Unilevers - 07-24-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.