Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
08-15-2018, (Subject: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head. ) 
RE: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
I don't think a rag or anything else was left in it during the rebuild. I did have to replace a cam shortly after the rebuild (don't buy cheap cams) and there was quite a lot of metal I had to clean up. I did stuff shop towels in all the opening to keep metal fragments from dropping into the pan so I might have left one in the back far corner. I'll check it if I ever get away from this damned desk. To be honest I thought the drains were quite a bit smaller than they are so it must be something like that.

I have an additional question today. This engine takes 4088665 injectors I can get a new set of 4088662 injectors for the same price as a single 4088665. The injectors are physically identical but the 4088665 that my truck uses are rated 435HP while the 4088662 my fiend has are rated 450HP. In fact some online seller use the numbers interchangeably. Does anyone know of a reason I can't or shouldn't use them?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head. - TonyMathis - 08-15-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.