eaton 13spd
08-28-2018, (Subject: eaton 13spd ) 
RE: eaton 13spd
For sure something not to take too lightly. I damn near pinned my twigs and berries to the ground with an 18 speed transmission once. I didn't chain the transmission to the jack and pulled way too hard. The Jack wheel was caught on a stone on the floor and because 18 speeds have an enormous auxiliary box on the back it had more than enough counterweight for me to pull it off the jack. The yoke pinned my pants to the floor that's how close it was.
it's nothing to be deathly afraid of but you definitely want to be aware and extra cautious every step of the way. It's a half a ton of metal and liquid you're pushing around under a very tight area.
Also I don't know if your Volvo has the engine mounts on the transmission or not. If it does you're going to want a little extra help with blocking the engine up and putting the two back together when that time comes.
Like Rawze said, just have someone there that has done it a handful of times and it should be nothing you can't handle.
replyreply
after ready all the replys.... IM GOOD! i rather find a good shop to the job. dont have to worry about losing my a limb or worse.

I had a good laugh, a very good laugh lol :P. much appreciated :D

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
I went the Weller route after a strap/joint failure took out the output bearing and shaft... It has a little over 100k on it and it's ok so far.
replyreply
I'm a DIY kind of guy, but I said the hell with it, and called haggais for a quote for a new trans and clutch as well as mounts, flywheel housing gasket and rear main.

The area I have to pull a trans in is in dirt. Nah. I'll run it to them after I get the engine sorted out, and not worry about smacking my nuts with a hammer in the process.

Maybe if I got to see how it was done a couple of times I might do it later on. Not this time. The money I'd save on labor would probably be offset by how much longer it would take someone like me to do this(lost revenue), mostly by myself.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose
08-29-2018, (Subject: eaton 13spd ) 
Just got done pulling a 9/13 tranny and replacing a clutch with my buddy.. in the driveway on a piece of plywood. Its not a difficult job just time consuming especially on truck that requires both emissions cans be removed just to find the tranny and a crossmember under it that can be removed because batteries and control modules are in the way. A good solid tranny jack is mandatory and smooth concrete is recommended.
replyreply
would anyone have a manual for a RTLO-18913A? i think ive found a bunch but not sure if it is specific to the model i have. I also think ive fixed my issue thats been giving me a headache! i just cant name the part that i took off... i found a pc of metal in and, took that out and cleaned the housing of it. drove around the city to see how it would react. shifted n worked just fine.

tho i wish this morning it did work fine, it wouldnt in gauge into any gear and if it did, it was crazzy hard to shift out of it. it would grind in every gear if it didnt want to go into gear...

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(08-29-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  would anyone have a manual for a RTLO-18913A? i think ive found a bunch but not sure if it is specific to the model i have. I also think ive fixed my issue thats been giving me a headache! i just cant name the part that i took off...

https://www.eprogear.com/pdf/eaton-fulle...manual.pdf
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(08-28-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  new trans and clutch as well as mounts, flywheel housing gasket and rear main.

Do it once, do it right and not touch any of it for half a mil at least! :big_smile2:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
Yeah I've already played with my fair share of clutch jobs. I used to just pick up the trans by hand and line it up by hand. That is when I was younger and I could work for hours on end without issue...alot harder now with a bad rotator cuff now that age is catching up with me.

I could only imagine how fun it would be on something THAT big. I could do it if I needed to...but between the size and weight and the fact that my only available slab is like a cheese grater on my back...no thanks. The last 9 inch I put in on my back left me sore for 2 days!

...not to mention that is just a little bigger than a T5 or T56.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.