2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
08-28-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
RE: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
(08-28-2018 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  ... I did my checks by unplugging the actuators one at a time and seeing which one didnt do anything amd i found

Assuming it is not bad ECM programming for a moment ...

Despite where you got this idea or if anyone said to do this, You cannot check actuators on the ISX by unplugging them. It will fool you every single time into thinking you have bad actuators. I have even demonstrated this to people in the past on perfectly healthy engines.

What happens is that once it sees an actuator unplugged, the ecm randomly fails them and refuses to use 1 or more properly for several minutes even after you have plugged them back in. A mechanic will always swear there is a bad actuator because plugging it in and unplugging it will make no difference at all after the first time it is unplugged. - Whats even worse, is that it will not do this for all of them, but usually only for 1 or 2 of them at a time. The most common one for the ECM to fail, then refuse to use again for several minutes (10+ minutes sometimes) is the timing/metering actuator on the rear bank. sometimes it will do it to the front bank, sometimes it will do it to a fueling(metering) actuator.

In other words,.. it is impossible to unplug and plug back in, voltage check, etc... actuators on a running engine to troubleshoot them at all, because it is so unpredictable. I have also seen several shops in the past use this trick to sell people new actuators when you don't need them out of sheer stupidity, simply because they refuse to believe that the ECM does this.

===========================================

The proper method is to FIRST, perform a full overhead adjustment of the rockers, both on the valve train and on the injector rockers, so that you can do a proper injector leak test. The rockers need to be set FIRST before any leak test to prevent any false positives .. especially for the injector rockers ... and then use a bubble test like shown in this series of videos to find any actual bad injectors ...

(There are 3 videos in this series. watch all 3 of them).

Make sure there are no leaky injectors.

Then next is a cylinder cut-out test ...

<iframe id="lbry-iframe" width="560" height="315" src="https://odysee.com/$/embed/insite-cylinder-cutout-test-by-rawze/745408fe6eb4b6196b74d576cf52cd1d420c03a3?r=8p8MjqctPT8PafuYA5mftGueGF8L3how" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If it passes and runs good on all cylinders, yet still runs rough, the next test is to pull apart the actuators and check the shanks of the plungers for step wear...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...619#pid619

Also there are several other things like proper overhead valve adjustment, pressure testing the engine for air, egr, and exhaust leaks , checking it for proper boost levels, etc.etc.

Also there is the fact that a bad intake pressure, exhaust pressure, egr Delta-P and other sensors can make one have low fuel mileage and act up too, but not usually rough idle. If those sensors are more than 250k miles old, they are likely in need of replacing, yet they rarely ever will throw codes for any of them.

Also, there is that an inframed engine with a re-manned head or an old head can have leaky valve seats and loosing compression. Removing all valve rockers so that all valves are closed on the head, plating off the intake manifold and pressurizing it to 30 psi... it should not loose any perssure in 10 minutes at all on a good head. - Same test for the exhaust manifold side too... plating it off and pressurizing it up.

This was all assuming you have factory programming, But here is what troubles me in your post too...

Is it demandated(deleted)?. if so, by who?. -- Sure, you may have a faulty thermostat but it usually does not include high oil temps along with it. However, bad ECM programming by those big-name delete shops will cause a lot of the same symptoms you have just described including the high oil and high radiator temps. Bad programming or incorrect programming for your ser# engine can cause a lot of internal friction and can cause those heating issues among other problems like prematurely fretting liners and causing head gaskets to eventually blow out. There are more bad programs and bad programmers out there making delete programs that a person can shake a stick at, so if it is de-mandated, I would start with getting that straightened out by one of the recommended people from here along with all the other things I just mentioned above. If you suspect programming at all, go to quickserv and look up what program is supposed to be in your engine. Then install the original factory file that matches your exact engine ser# and not some other horsepower program like a lot of dumb-arsses do. Installing the exact, correct program is very important on the CM870's especially, as there were several variations of cam lobe offsets, injector offsets, and many other hardware tweaks as they were being made based on ser# ranges and not just internal parts alone. The program must match all of the hardware offsets your ser# engine was built upon and many people do not know this about CM870's as it was not publicly avail. information. - You can always have a proper demandate program put back in it after you get it running right. Solve one problem at a time instead of over-stepping yourself and guessing in circles.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP - Rawze - 08-28-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.