What kind of Clutches are there?
09-08-2018, (Subject: What kind of Clutches are there? ) 
RE: What kind of Clutches are there?
(09-07-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  I have a feeling you are trying to tell me that it doesnt matter about rather the clutch wearing out but the springs, damper plates wear out or break on indirect or direct clutchs? So it all comes down personal preference? Correct me if i am wrong.

Depends what your job and demands are?
If you’re just running standard 80k (even 100k) freight, then yes it’s personal preference essentially. I would advise putting in a higher torque rated clutch, because then in demanding circumstances you’re not operating near its limit.
The other thing to consider is ease of adjustment. Because most people don’t adjust their clutch nearly often enough. If it’s easy, you’re more apt to do it.

For me, having a clutch slip on a very steep grade dragging 200k could be catastrophic, so I will only run a direct. I have had an Eaton slip in such conditions, NOT COOL! I saved it, but it scared the bejesus out of me.
Pulling the weight I do, I have never had a new clutch with a resurfaced flywheel NOT slip until they’re scuffed in...until I put this Lipe in.
It takes me longer to put my coveralls on and get my tools than it does to adjust my clutch. And I never need to bump the starter or bar the motor over, or jam something against the pedal to hold it while I do it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker

Messages In This Thread
RE: What kind of Clutches are there? - Hammerhead - 09-08-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.