Week end project
09-19-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
RE: Week end project
I try not to idle as much as I can to try so I guess 35 is not to bad ..
replyreply
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  I try not to idle as much as I can to try so I guess 35 is not to bad ..

The CM871 takes exactly 40 minutes if it is healthy. The newer engines are a bit different time span though I think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16
(09-19-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  I try not to idle as much as I can to try so I guess 35 is not to bad ..

The CM871 takes exactly 40 minutes if it is healthy. The newer engines are a bit different time span though I think.

I was hope after I did the work this wkn i could of gotten my insite hooked up on it so I could watch in see what was going on but that didnt happen so I'll have to do that soon I hope ..
replyreply
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  

I was hope after I did the work this wkn i could of gotten my insite hooked up on it so I could watch in see what was going on but that didnt happen so I'll have to do that soon I hope ..

Welcome to modern truck ownership. Learn to use a computer on your truck and its engine or go broke giving all your money away to those who will take full advantage of you because you can't.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16 , imalumberjack , Waterloo
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  

Welcome to modern truck ownership. Learn to use a computer on your truck and its engine or go broke giving all your money away to those who will take full advantage of you because you can't.

That's what I'm trying to do learn everything I can ..just got insight so I'll be trying to do what i can that's for sure
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains , gatow900
09-20-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  That's what I'm trying to do learn everything I can ..just got insight so I'll be trying to do what i can that's for sure

Don't get me wrong here, Not trying to pick on anyone. I am just making a statement steeped in reality for those who read the forum. Personally I think it is a crying shame that the trucking repair industry in general is so absolutely incompetent. It is based on nothing but over-marketed false hope. It is beyond a disgrace that truck owners/drivers have to resort to having to become full fledged engine mechanics and diagnostic software experts just to run down the roads in this modern age we live in. I directly blame the networks of OEM repair shops the most because they have fully traded away actual skill and intelligence for the glorified corporate imaged brainwashed crap. Nothing but false promises and hope with procedures hell bent on selling you the most expensive, wallet draining solutions. All their idiot-proof, over-simplified OEM training and diag. software suggestions is mostly nothing but crap to make their share-holders happy each quarter.

If someone thinks the manufacturer and OEM network of greedy bastards gave a damn at all about their customers/consumers who are at the operating end of this false equation of profit and greed, they are wildly mistaken! It is right in line with the example of a Chef who makes a wonderful cake. A big corporation comes along and says "Wow, I can make millions off that cake it is so good" and starts reproducing the cake. Now though, that "Chef's Touch" is somehow missing because the robots and assembly line workers, changed/cheaper brands of ingredients for higher profit margins, preservatives so they can ship it half way around the world instead of making it locally, etc.etc. and the other ten thousand distortions -- They wonder why no one likes it any more. --- IT IS NOT THE SAME, AND IT CANNOT BE!. -- THAT "CHEF'S TOUCH" IS NOW COMPLETELY MISSING AND CANNOT BE DUPLICATED!.

I am all about consistency and predictability in manufacturing. It is when they try to apply it to what happens AFTER this process and during the operation and use of a product that they always f$ck up!. Their biggest shortcoming is that they fail to realize that when something stops working or breaks,.. it is 90%+ of the time NOT the problem, but only the RESULT of a DIFFERENT PROBLEM that caused it!. What happens is that replacing the broken component always leads to this same 90% predictability of repeated failure. One of the troubles is that much of the time, that problem is inherent to its design. Instead of identifying that and fixing it,.. they send you down the road, hiding the actual flaw because god-forbid they might have to re-think what they have done. Add on top of this the other factors like laziness (air-gun happy mechanics), incompetence (under-trained procedural followers instead of "thinkers"), and greed (half-arsse it and do more per day instead of taking time to make things right) and this leaves us a pretty bleak picture of our industry.

- The only solution is to do things ourselves if we want them to a high enough standard to make a decent profit, because I will be dammed if i pay someone else for what I have just described!.

The next time you go into a stealershit or OEM facility to buy parts, as you walk past the trucks waiting to get fixed and see the people sitting "in the lounge area" in all their ignorant glory,.. remember this and you will end up shaking your head in sadness and dismay too. -- Say anything openly about it though, and they will look at you like you just landed here from another planet, needing your head examined!.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: lonestar16 , gatow900 , Hammerhead , Signature620 , redbeard , Kid Rock , Volvo8873 , marek4792 , Waterloo , rrod , Pd6cas2 , DSTdriver
11-03-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Ok have a problem ..com 2350 with 334k going down the road in lost rpm .rpm gauge wont go over 1000 now running at 60 ..dont have insite with me trying to make it home any clue were I need to start looking at in let hope it nothing major..even at a dead stop the rpm are at 300
replyreply
300? rpm? did not think it would run that low?
replyreply
I'm only going by what my gages showing..just turn the truck off for a couple of min now it seam to be idling at 600 like it allway does..will see how it does on the way home..is there any way to check if it a bag gage or what might be making it read funny
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.