Fuel additives
09-25-2018, (Subject: Fuel additives ) 
RE: Fuel additives
So the best thing to help with fuel mileage is keep the system clean in keep my foot out of it...thank I been trying to slow down but the low rpm dont help out much ..
replyreply
Also in your case, get whatever is holding your rpm's so low, turned off. You need to be able to drop a gear and get your rpms up 1600+ to pull a hill. I like being @ 1650-1700 rpm to pull a grade of any sort with any kind of weight. Lugging the engine that low all the time will drop a liner or fret one out in no time.
replyreply
I guess I'm be going to the cumming dealer or international in see what they might be able to do..or is that something that I can get someone els to look at with out messing with the warranty.
replyreply
Its something you can do yourself plus waaaaay more if you invest in a laptop and Cummins Insite 7.6.2 its $$ well spent and will keep you from donating a lot of your profit to stealerships. And it will absolutely NOT void any kind of warranty.
replyreply
I got insite but it seam like everything is lock on there
replyreply
(09-25-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  So the best thing to help with fuel mileage is keep the system clean in keep my foot out of it...thank I been trying to slow down but the low rpm dont help out much ..

you ABSOLUTELY need to get that
GODDAMN ENGINE KILLING RPM GOVERNOR OUT OF THAT ENGINE! It is likely the "Gear-down Idiot driver Protection" setting turned on that they put in company trucks that eats them up like others have said,.. Your driving that thing in its lower 1/3 of its rpm range and IT IS DEFINITELY BAD FOR IT WHEN PULLING TORQUE~!!!

The only reason why engines even have that feature is for the prevention of absolute moron idiot company drivers who would unplug the tranny top gear sensor + tail shaft speed sensor to circumvent the governor.

-- the best place to pull a hill or have high torque needs in the ISX is at 1650+ RPM!. Yuy are lugging the crap out of it and shortening its lifespan by pushing you foot towards the floor below 1400 RPM. You are also killing its fuel mileage at higher torque levels too form all the extra (eventual liner-fretting) internal friction it creates.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I understand ,any clue how to fix the problem I have do I need to get with Cummins to get a password so I can fix this problem with the rpm
replyreply
(09-25-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  I understand ,any clue how to fix the problem I have do I need to get with Cummins to get a password so I can fix this problem with the rpm

I will PM you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
We had that in a 06 dad bought , yes we used it in the oil patch. Now remember this before I found this site , I brought it in the shop and turned every one of the Damm settings off . It ran fine afterwards . Can't remember what I changed though .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.