EGR and Regening
10-10-2018, (Subject: EGR and Regening ) 
EGR and Regening
2010 International Lonestar-CM871- stock

Does unplugging the magic plug shut off the EGR and Aftertreatment system?

why im asking is i ran for about 16hrs driving with magic plug undone and didnt regen once shows none in the log on insite untill after being plugged back in.

before i unplugged and now after it was and is regening every 1.5-2hrs of engine key on time

when i make insite do a forced regen aftertreatment dif pressure never goes above 1.0 - inhg sits around .5-.7 but my history shows regens at 3.5-4.5 while driving

also should i be seeing 15PSI fuel pressure on doser fuel pressure sensor when doser is off. not sure if this is a PSI-A or PSI-G sensor.
replyreply
RE: EGR and Regening
Yes it shuts down those systems and puts the engine into its factory non-egr mode. That same engine mode has slight derate penalty in it too, but some guys don't care about that. A boost/pyro gauge would reveal lower than normal boost + the turbo gets quite a bit hotter. This has been known to shorten the turbo's lifespan by about 25% or so when running like that long term. - I know of guys running with them unplugged for a few weeks at a time, then force regen them when they see the dpf sensor going higher, and go again. - Not the best thing but maybe gets someone by temporarily.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: EGR and Regening
ok thanks i wasnt sure if by the egr being off i wasnt producing as much soot or not as i had insite datalogging for most of the time and at most only saw 2.5 inhg on the aftertreat dif pressure sensor on hard uphill pulls and boost as far as my analog gauge shows wasnt really effected as i still saw 32-35psi on hard pulls

as far as my buttometer i didnt feel any real loss in power and my mileage stayed the same... cant wait for overhead, cac pressure check, and fuel system lookover on friday since i get a 2215 code once a day or so.

pressure sensor shows 270 at idle and upto 1200rpm OOGear gona data log it tomorrow see what its doing going down the road.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.