CM2250 Regen Confusion
04-30-2016, (Subject: CM2250 Regen Confusion ) 
RE: CM2250 Regen Confusion
(04-29-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(04-29-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  All you guys with 2250 / 2350 can donwload DESA from Cummins email them for password and use this test to figure out what is wrong.
My regens are good in time and temperature but

Seems like that would be a really useful tool! Is the password free from Cummins?
You have to send email with request. Password is valid for one year. It's free. https://insite.cummins.com/insite/info/desadl.html
replyreply
Billdozer, if yours was like mine the salesman said it had been cleaned but I figured out the had only done a maintenance reset of the dirty filter which showed low number but frequent regens. I would get it inspected/cleaned by a shop if you intend to keep the mandate.
replyreply
the trouble with getting your DPF baked or cleaned is that it is bound to clog up again in a few months time bringing you back to the dealership over and over keeping their coffers full of your hard earned money, it can be a slow death for sure.

the key thing to understand in regards to your DPF is that the F stands for Filter and like any other filter it has a lifespan, if it is clogged replace the damn thing instead of baking it, it should be good for another 350 to 400 thousand miles or so, by the way..your DOC has a platinum coating that deteriorates with every regen, once the platinum coating is gone then you are up the proverbial creek again.

replacing both will set you back about 7K parts wise, go with Plan B and do away with this death spiral that has been set in motion.

Plan C is to have the Mandate neutralized at half the cost of Plan B, fuel mileage gain will be around the 25% and no more trips to the dealer, engine life will be extended as well, there is a thread here with pictures of an overhaul that Rawze is doing on his engine, the engine has close to a million miles, a good tech looking on the wear on this engine would swear that the engine has less than 100K wear on it.... I recommend Plan C.

oh yea... your Dozer Valve is clogged.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
Plan C... Money in your pocket... Been there and did it.
replyreply
Billdozer2, Yea mine seems to do better after a forced regen as well, but then it just seems to throw code 3375, "Aftertreatment DPF Regneration Too Frequent".
Like I said, I've since had my DPF and SCR filters cleaned, put 1500 miles on, no light yet....
replyreply
I don't blame anyone for wanting to go to Plan-C.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'd love to do Plan-C. I know the benefits are numerous. I'm just concerned about "The Man".
replyreply
Everyone has to make their own decision,... but I can tell you that I know of a ton of govt./state/city vehicles that have had it done in different parts of the country out of sheer desperation because they can't keep the vehicles on the roads.

Find me someone who has had an encounter with "the man" after it has been done the right way. I have heard of a few that had trouble, but they stripped everything off the truck like a dumbasse, or had horrible tunes that made black smoke all the damn time .... I know about a thousand drivers and not one has ever said they have had trouble... but then again, when it is done right then no one can see it and it should still pass a sniff test, ironically with better numbers than before in all categories.

Also,.... I heard a recent statistic form a good source that states that almost 40% of all owner-op trucks out there have some kind of option-c done. I was surprised to see it was so many.

I do not encourage "Plan-C" but I blame no one for doing what is necessary to survive this game of constant bleeding on one's self dry by the engine makers purposeful mistakes that put most out of business if they don't do something.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Plan C is the only economically viable option.
The "MAN"is not even a little concern.
I know many people who have plan c and none have problems. Take care of it and go make money to feed your family instead of the truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.