Injector Spill Valve
11-25-2018, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 
RE: Injector Spill Valve
(11-25-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  Did you change the injector code when new injector was installed? It is required as each injector has unique calibration code stamped on the side of injector and ECM need to know this code to manage proper fueling.

Ok good to know. I did not do that. Can that be accomplished by using Insite? What kind of concequences will I suffer from not changing the code in the ecm?
replyreply
(11-25-2018 )indian_richard Wrote:  Ok good to know. I did not do that. Can that be accomplished by using Insite? What kind of concequences will I suffer from not changing the code in the ecm?
Yes you need to run Insite and need to know the code from injector. In sectoin Advanced ECM Data click on High Pressure Common Rail Setup, and change the code on injector#6.
The bar code is telling ECM ijector flow and timing characteristics to maintain proper fuel/air mix. Wrong code might lead to really bad consequence but might not. Depends how two injectors characteristics are different. Change it ASAP.
./uploads/201811/post_1794_1543132902_79a7e603e8f4525d35f7168a8fcc713e.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , indian_richard , DSTdriver , rgreen
(11-25-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-25-2018 )indian_richard Wrote:  Ok good to know. I did not do that. Can that be accomplished by using Insite? What kind of concequences will I suffer from not changing the code in the ecm?
Yes you need to run Insite and need to know the code from injector. In sectoin Advanced ECM Data click on High Pressure Common Rail Setup, and change the code on injector#6.
The bar code is telling ECM ijector flow and timing characteristics to maintain proper fuel/air mix. Wrong code might lead to really bad consequence but might not. Depends how two injectors characteristics are different. Change it ASAP.

What are your thoughts on changing the fuel connector along with a new injector? I noticed the book mandates this, but of course I didn't find out until everything's tore apart.
replyreply
(11-25-2018 )indian_richard Wrote:  What are your thoughts on changing the fuel connector along with a new injector? I noticed the book mandates this, but of course I didn't find out until everything's tore apart.

The fuel connector tip mates and is literally crushed/deformed to the injector to hold back the 40,000+ PSI of fuel pressure. That is its seal, because no o-ring would hold that kind of pressure back. - Replacing it is a MUST if you want to ensure you don't get an internal leak.

Fuel connector needs to be replaced when...

- If the injector is replaced.

- If the head is replaced, then all 6 of the fuel connectors need replacing.

- If an injector is moved to another location on the head.

- If it has been removed more than a couple times.

It is also important to torque them properly and to spec.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , indian_richard , rgreen , DSTdriver
When my truck said injector spill valve I reaplaced my 3 cylinder fuel pump to the 2 cylinder with upgraded parts and code went away. I had no surge. When I did get a surge 1 year later I had air in my fuel system. The fuel tank tubes had a crack and causing a big surge here and there untill I started loosing power. You can check the fuel pressure on insite see if it stays up and go from there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , indian_richard , Rawze , rgreen
11-27-2018, (Subject: Injector Spill Valve ) 

So I looked in my eyes and I noticed that none of my injectors have barcodes. Almost like someone reset all of them and left it.

replyreply
(11-27-2018 )indian_richard Wrote:  

So I looked in my eyes and I noticed that none of my injectors have barcodes. Almost like someone reset all of them and left it.

If it was my truck truck I will go back and pull all the injectors 1 by 1 and write them on a paper and then go back to insite and correct the missing info.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: indian_richard
(11-27-2018 )rgreen Wrote:  If it was my truck truck I will go back and pull all the injectors 1 by 1 and write them on a paper and then go back to insite and correct the missing info.

Yeah that seems to be the next move
replyreply
(11-27-2018 )rgreen Wrote:  If it was my truck truck I will go back and pull all the injectors 1 by 1 and write them on a paper and then go back to insite and correct the missing info.

You don't need to pull out the injectors. All you need is a small mirror and some patients and you can read them in place.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rednecktrucker01 , indian_richard , Signature620 , DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.