Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
05-06-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
RE: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather?
I picked one up yesterday, it is pretty cool, just a simple oil separator. No drilling required, it will be nice not having to worry about changing this costly filter.
replyreply
I think the old method was fine but my filter even with a few holes was getting pretty saturated on the lower portion of the filter below the holes. Call me crazy but after I changed it with this new filter I noticed a change of sound to the motor. It could be in my head though lol
replyreply
That was my issue with the old filter, it filled quickly, but I had a bad head gasket too... And boy did it stink! I am glad to be rid of it.
replyreply
05-09-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
How much are these new filters?
replyreply
05-09-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
(05-09-2016 )Bigcam3cummins Wrote:  How much are these new filters?
I think I remember the Cummins dealer telling me it was $60 something. I ended up not getting one as I would have had to order it and the Cummins dealer is a little out of my way, which I was already at the dealer. So I walked away with a regular filter. I'll get it next time around.

I'd just call your local Cummins dealer and ask how much part# 3691476 is. Or I am sure someone will chime in who actually purchased one.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
05-10-2016, (Subject: Maintenance Free Crankcase Breather? ) 
Going to my local Cummins dealer tomorrow and see if I can buy one.......

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
I think I'm sticking with my old filter Part Number# "Rawze Told Me To Drill 2 3/8 Holes On The Sides", This one is also a "maintenance Free" filter.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(05-05-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 )bazdan902 Wrote:  The parts guy at Cummins said it's for all the ISX motors, it states this in the bulletin as well. The TSB is several months old, I would just call Cummins and ask for the maintenance free crankcase filter.,, this is what I did.

It also depends if the Cummins shop knows what you are talking about. I went to the local Cummins shop up here in NH and he looked at me like I had three heads when I said "Maintenance Free Crankcase Insert". I didn't get a chance to write down the part number before I went so we had to look up the Bulletin. He still thought I needed the "regular" filter for the maintenance free one to work. He also said nothing is ever maintenance free.

He also said "It's probably better if you come here with part numbers." And I thought "Why? So, I can do your job for you?" But since I was in a fairly decent mood, because I was half-way through my coffee, I just said "Will do!"

The Maintenance Free insert will fit CM871, CM2250, and CM2350. Not sure about the CM870 as it doesn't say anything in the Bulletin regarding that model engine. I also know nothing about the CM870. So, I do not know if it even has a crankcase filter.

Part number for the Maintenance Free insert is 3691476. You can still get the regular filter as well for those who do not wish to use the maintenance free insert. If you want the regular filter, the updated part number is 3691687.
Lol where is the Cummins dealer in NH? If you don't mind ? Might be closer to me than Dedham Ma
replyreply
(05-10-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  Lol where is the Cummins dealer in NH? If you don't mind ? Might be closer to me than Dedham Ma

12 Integra Drive
Concord NH, 03301

It's a little hole in the wall type place. The parts desk is literally a desk in the middle of the shop. You have to walk into the shop and look for Gary.

Gary is the parts guy. 207-510-2235

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.