Injector return flow test
01-12-2019, (Subject: Injector return flow test ) 
Injector return flow test
quickserve says 200ml. Breaks Down 6.78 oz. marks on the bottles are 1/2 so 8.45 oz.

Run the injector kill test and try to let it run on 1 hole. 1, 2, 3, 4 it tries to die. It’ll run on 5 or 6 all day long just 1 hole.

Are the front 4 injectors all bad?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
RE: Injector return flow test
(01-12-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  quickserve says 200ml. Breaks Down 6.78 oz. marks on the bottles are 1/2 so 8.45 oz.

Run the injector kill test and try to let it run on 1 hole. 1, 2, 3, 4 it tries to die. It’ll run on 5 or 6 all day long just 1 hole.

Are the front 4 injectors all bad?
It's possible at least to say. Run this test a few times to have consistent measurement.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CANNONBALL
The truck did get a bad batch of fuel. Had to change filters 9 times within a 10k mile interval to get it cleaned out.
replyreply
I never heard of the injector return flow test so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Any chance #4 is bad and the front 3 is something else like the metering valve?
replyreply
01-13-2019, (Subject: Injector return flow test ) 
It’s a 2350.
replyreply
Guess I should’ve said one side of the high pressure fuel pump head was bad along with the check valve in the head letting fuel leak off. New head fixed part of the problem but still having issues.
replyreply
(01-13-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  Guess I should’ve said one side of the high pressure fuel pump head was bad along with the check valve in the head letting fuel leak off. New head fixed part of the problem but still having issues.
Could you take video for gear pump return line test. How much air bubbles is in return fuel?.
replyreply
Re-tension all the high pressure connectors and run the test again.
replyreply
(01-13-2019 )CANNONBALL Wrote:  Guess I should’ve said one side of the high pressure fuel pump head was bad along with the check valve in the head letting fuel leak off. New head fixed part of the problem but still having issues.

chances are when the pump went it ate 1-4. If it were my truck personally and i had that many down it would get a 6 pack of injectors.

Im with signature, tighten the high pressure connectors and run it a few more times but i doubt thats it as it can and should be able to run on 1-4 by themselves.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , CANNONBALL

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.