Check engine light
01-17-2019, (Subject: Check engine light ) 
RE: Check engine light
(01-17-2019 )triumph166 Wrote:  
(01-17-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  You need to see what the code is. Do you know about the fuel pumps on these motors? That would be my first concern, was it tripping a fuel pressure code. I do not own one of these motors, but I believe that the first signs of pump failure are intermittent CEL warnings. You better get it to a dealer that can read the code ASAP! Unless you have $10,000 to $30,000 burning a hole in your pocket. Seriously, take care of this, like yesterday.

I most defiantly don't have $10k-$30k in my pocket like I wish I did! on my dash display there is no messages at all? like I said it only happened for 30 seconds and went away. the check engine flashed for the 30 seconds and was gone. The dealer said if there is no messages and it went away then keep driving it? But then again they have never seen that check engine light on before sooo. idk. and no im new to this motor, so I don't know much on the fuel pumps.

Did the dealer put the computer on it? If not, get it someplace you can get a reading. Pay the $100 if you have too, it may just save your bacon. SERIOUSLY. Do not screw around with this hoping it is something like a sensor. If you have not rebuilt that fuel pump, and or have any History on it, you need to do this. And do it NOW.

I have been a victim, not a fuel pump, but just as grave. $80,000 +++++, just Ask Rawze.

I have earned the right to be paranoid... You do not want to go there.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check engine light - Waterloo - 01-17-2019
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-18-2019,
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-19-2019,
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-21-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.