Check engine light
01-19-2019, (Subject: Check engine light ) 
RE: Check engine light
So I just got off the phone with a Volvo/cummins dealer and I asked the service guy if he could find any records at all on my engine. He said the only thing he found was a record of them checking the fuel pump head back in 2014. so I asked him if he sees many fuel pump failures on this engine and he said not really but he has seen a few. He said that cummins did away with the recall because Cummins determined that they fail from to long of oil change intervals. He basically just said change my oil regularly and I will be ok, and that its the fleets that run their trucks too long without changing the oil that have the issues. I was going to pull my fuel pump head this weekend if I could get the parts but my local Cummins dealer is closed all weekend. Ill call them first thing Monday and see if they have the parts and hopefully rebuild the head on Monday afternoon. Just wanted to give a update.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-18-2019,
RE: Check engine light - triumph166 - 01-19-2019
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-19-2019,
RE: Check engine light - Rawze - 01-21-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.