Dash cams what are your thoughts on this
01-26-2019, (Subject: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this ) 
RE: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this
(01-26-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  i WOULD NOT WORKS FOR A COMPANY THAT WANTED TO WATCH MY FACE ALL DAY. i WOULD HAVE SPRAY-PAINTED THAT DAMN THING THE FIRST DAY THEY INSTALLED IT!.

The inward facing does get covered when I'm parked.

Installation of the company camera almost made me quit, but definitely put me on the edge of leaving. I'm looking at other companies.

I should cover the inside camera permanently; I've been here over 10 years and have over a million miles safe driving. They've talked to me a couple times over issues recorded, no discipline, and he keeps telling me that having the camera will more than likely protect me some day.
replyreply
(01-26-2019 )barf Wrote:  
(01-26-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  i WOULD NOT WORKS FOR A COMPANY THAT WANTED TO WATCH MY FACE ALL DAY. i WOULD HAVE SPRAY-PAINTED THAT DAMN THING THE FIRST DAY THEY INSTALLED IT!.

The inward facing does get covered when I'm parked.

Installation of the company camera almost made me quit, but definitely put me on the edge of leaving. I'm looking at other companies.

I should cover the inside camera permanently; I've been here over 10 years and have over a million miles safe driving. They've talked to me a couple times over issues recorded, no discipline, and he keeps telling me that having the camera will more than likely protect me some day.

The 'camera' on a company driver (certainly not an O/O unless perhaps training students) should be reserved / possibly used by the company as verification of problems for the guy who has had 3 accidents in the first 2 years of his driving career,.. not to punish and intimidate a veteran. -- I would have quit on principal alone.

just my own thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Moose , Waterloo , TruLine
I agree to have inward looking camera only if camera doesn't air picture. It should be federal law about this matter to stop company voyeurism. Store video in the truck memory in case of event. Like cheap chineese dash camera with minimum memory to store video. 5 minutes more then enough.
Lawyers like to play tired driver fall asleep game or was distracted to milk money. Have to admit some drivers doing crazy on the road.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...IzCq8peFXI
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Well, I will admit, when I had that camera, I would press the record button and be dancing in my sleeper to taylor swift and doing backflips in the sleeper. Maybe they saw me in my underwear. No joke, for real. Lol
Had to make some fun out of the dang thing. Noone called me so who knows what happened. But maybe barf can be like ice road truckers eh?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
01-27-2019, (Subject: Dash cams what are your thoughts on this ) 
A little off subject but just for everyone's awareness. Don't let anyone up on your running boards when parked.

A few years back in Brooklyn NYC I was street delivering hardwood flooring. A guy came walking by my truck and the 1st thing he did was start saying he knew me then he jumped up on the passenger side running board. I instantly started putting the window up on his face. He kept talking and saying he knew me and that I was rude for putting the window up on him. He got down and walked to the drivers side and tried to jump up on my running board. I locked the doors and put the window up most of the way and told him he's gonna get hurt real bad if he jumped on my running board. He stormed off yelling at me called me everything in the book.

The whole point of this story was that he came out of nowhere and never took his eyes off my dash camera. I'm positive he was going to reach in a snatch it real quick if I had left the window down far enough. He probably thought it was a GPS unit. Because of this incident, i now carry an extra camera in the cab that does not record very much of my movements in the seat but will capture images from behind me facing the windshield. This camera is not easily seen or found and neither is the hard drive it DL's to. It's my extra security for when I'm not in the truck or for when the prementioned shenanigans come up.
replyreply
(01-27-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  A little off subject but just for everyone's awareness. Don't let anyone up on your running boards when parked.

A few years back in Brooklyn NYC I was street delivering hardwood flooring. A guy came walking by my truck and the 1st thing he did was start saying he knew me then he jumped up on the passenger side running board. I instantly started putting the window up on his face. He kept talking and saying he knew me and that I was rude for putting the window up on him. He got down and walked to the drivers side and tried to jump up on my running board. I locked the doors and put the window up most of the way and told him he's gonna get hurt real bad if he jumped on my running board. He stormed off yelling at me called me everything in the book.

The whole point of this story was that he came out of nowhere and never took his eyes off my dash camera. I'm positive he was going to reach in a snatch it real quick if I had left the window down far enough. He probably thought it was a GPS unit. Because of this incident, i now carry an extra camera in the cab that does not record very much of my movements in the seat but will capture images from behind me facing the windshield. This camera is not easily seen or found and neither is the hard drive it DL's to. It's my extra security for when I'm not in the truck or for when the prementioned shenanigans come up.

Best truck security for people who jump up on the step... https://amzn.to/2VdvRCE
It will put a man in the hospital real fast, its no joke.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I need to see this guy to test my security system.
T have one camera looking back from the top of driver mirror, one camera for the driver window area with audio. Notice the shiny strip on the mirror bracket? To jump up someone have to grab it with left hand and get surprise 30,000 volts discharge.
Need volunteer to test it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , barf
(01-27-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  A little off subject but just for everyone's awareness. Don't let anyone up on your running boards when parked.

I carry a Glock, and a Garmin 55 camera... And I did take a brother for a ride on my sideboard, back in the day up in Newark NJ, by the airport... These guys would jump on the sideboard and try to direct you down a street to rob you of your cargo. Oh, the guy on the sideboard, I almost got him with the tandems as I was hammering it on to I-95. Yes, I can be an asshole, and stupid, but in this case, the Glock was not a deterrent. This was back in the early 90's when it was a real freak show out here, drivers getting shot on fuel islands and at docks, it was not a good time to be a driver without self defense.

And I was a bit younger and loaded with testosterone. Today I would just shoot em.

Kidding, but maybe not.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , barf
(01-27-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  

I carry a Glock, and a Garmin 55 camera... And I did take a brother for a ride on my sideboard, back in the day up in Newark NJ, by the airport... These guys would jump on the sideboard and try to direct you down a street to rob you of your cargo. Oh, the guy on the sideboard, I almost got him with the tandems as I was hammering it on to I-95. Yes, I can be an asshole, and stupid, but in this case, the Glock was not a deterrent. This was back in the early 90's when it was a real freak show out here, drivers getting shot on fuel islands and at docks, it was not a good time to be a driver without self defense.

And I was a bit younger and loaded with testosterone. Today I would just shoot em.

Kidding, but maybe not.

Did you have sign DRIVER IS MARRIED, NO CASH ON BOARD?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.