ISX605 high oil temp
02-13-2019, (Subject: ISX605 high oil temp ) 
RE: ISX605 high oil temp
(02-13-2019 )smitty210 Wrote:  ...
The owner has been plagued with high oil temp alarms and engine shutdown alarms

I have been told by Cummins and Spartan to run it like I stole it
{oil temp} then steadily increase to 259 degrees ...248 ... 245 ...239 degrees, ...hit 262

the ECM is programmed too tight to the 260 degree opening point

I have another call into Spartan and Cummins ...

my oil analysis which I will post up here also ... by SPEEDCO

assuming for a moment that your post is somewhat truthful...

FIRST OF ALL =---- YOUR "CUMMINS" STEALER IS A F%KING IDIOT AND SO IS THE DUMB-S#IT WHO WAS DRIVING IT AND POSSIBLY ABUSING THE HOLY-HELL OUT OF THAT ENIGNE!!!!!!!

NEXT,.. WHO WOULD BE SO STUPID to drive that thing knowing it has high oil temp issues with such high oil temps going off and not backing off it until they found out what was actually wrong?!!?? --- IN THE MOUNTAINS AND HILLS FULL THROTTLE WITH OIL ALARMS GOING OFF? --- WHOEVER THAT IDIOT IS, THEY NEED THEIR HEAD EXAMINED AND A SWIFT KICK IN THE ARSSE #@# -- Did I say that out loud? -- YUP!

Now, with that bit of idiotic wake-up call out of the way...

First of all, As an example,... the ISX CM870 engine, the oil temp usually hovers around the 215 - 220 mark unless under a hard pull. Under a hard pull, it is not unusual to see the oil temp sitting ~ 40-F above the water temp(225-230~ish). Above 245-F is considered high, and THE TEMPS YOU ARE DESCRIBING, 260+ ARE WAY TOO HIGH --

So....

* The oil temp sensor could be bad. -- Replace the oil temp sensor + verify the oil temps seen in the dash are correct and not something wonky.

Assuming the oil temps did reach those high numbers for a moment ...

* BAD DELETE PROGRAMMING? (or incorrect factory program? where the HP is set too high for the vehicle?) WILL MAKE ONE HAVE EXCESS OIL TEMPS!!! -- That was my first thoughts, + the fact that there is a brain butcher around every corner these days willing to hack one up using severely bad programming methods. - If it is not deleted/de-mandated, make sure the program in the engine matches exactly the program required by the data-plate, and re-flash it to the latest update(s) while your at it.

* Obviously, your descriptions would also point heavily towards a bad oil thermostat that is stuck OPEN?,.. or some complete idiot has removed it out of sheer stupidity?.

* extreme excess boost levels from the turbo either due to bad programming or bad turbo controller... -- What is the boost pressure getting to max? - This also usually is accompanied by turbo alarms usually, but that was not mentioned.

* {cm570/870/871} Bad timing actuator can make the oil get hot like that (due to too far advanced injection timing) - and will kill a piston after a while.

* A spun bearing can make the oil over-heat like that,.. just another possibility.

* {cm570/870/871} Could also be a bad ECM that is firing a timing actuator incorrectly (although very unlikely). Should be easily found with some testing.

* It can also have a slipped cam in it... Have the cams wedged again to be sure this did not happen, and go from there.

-- Lastly,... throw the speedco oil analysis speed-test machine crap in the trash can or use it in the bathroom next time you need to wipe your tootie off ,.. that is its only useful purpose. -- USELESS!. -- If you want an actual oil analysis,.. take a sample and SEND IT TO A REAL LAB!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX605 high oil temp - Rawze - 02-13-2019
RE: ISX605 high oil temp - Unilevers - 02-13-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.