Curious questions
03-03-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
RE: Curious questions
(03-03-2019 )Magard Wrote:  
(03-03-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Rraccerr what tranny do you have. A 10 is hard to do exactly what you want to cause you have close to 600rpm shifts so sometimes you’re gonna be pulling at a rpm you really don’t like. The liner shims suck in these engines so just start a rebuild fund. Your gonna need it. Also plan your overhaul so you have control of the work or get it to some of the guys on this forum. Don’t be a victim of some shi#t hole shop, I mean dealer, I mean some delete shop with there different stages of bend over.

I would like to degrade the def thing on the engine But Rawze book helped with me not choosing to do it. That’s why I’m putting effort into learning how to make the truck run right with it:sleepy:
Most everyone ditches the mandate sooner or later. Usually right before it breaks them. Spend money getting your overhaul done right. Counter bores at .014 are a must. The shims need to be customized. There is room to make them wider. I would go to some that can do this work. Cummins spec. is like .010. I’m not a machanic but I’m getting a $25000 education by big red right now. I’m catching on fast.

Ten four copy!
AppreciTe the come back. I’ll do what I can when I save the money. First is the software and a inline 6
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
(03-01-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

Thank you!

I’m off the road for a couple of days so I didnt reply back sooner. I found a insite pro going for a hundred. Scared to purchase because I’m not sure I can register it. So I’m going to go searching for the one you mentioned. Thank you. I’m thankful for the help!

I found this
{link removed}
replyreply
(03-03-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  I found this one for $204.00...

Forget the site I mentioned earlier. It doesn’t include insite software. I found this instead and I searched almost everywhere.
{link removed}
replyreply
Getting a key gen with your software will keep you from having to contact people to get the password for Insite. Its a good thing to have as long as it comes from a safe reputable source. Just be sure to turn off the antivirus or make an exclusion for the key gen on your computer or the antivirus will snag it up and keep you from using it.
replyreply
(03-03-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  Forget the site I mentioned earlier. It doesn’t include insite software. I found this instead and I searched almost everywhere.

looke like u did nto serch hard enuff.

u only need adapter.

all sw and keygn are free if you simply know where to dnload it off the interwebs. Rawze no allow file sharing on public forum. I PM you some hints where to look but take no responsibility of your actions.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr
03-06-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
(03-01-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )the missing link Wrote:  Do you have more power in 5th or 8th ?

Don’t know how to reply to this question?
I have a ISX15 400 that’s been bumped to 480.
I have to get back into the truck next week to answer this question.
Thank you for replying !

What I was referring to was when you run out of power in 8 ,you shift to 7 and so forth . Think of your rear end ratios the same way .
Why do heavy haul guys or off-road guys run lower gear ratios?
When you sling more weight or hard lifts in soft ground you need the mechanic advantage.
3.90 will out pull 3.55 big time with the same motor . OR get better feul mileage due to not working the motor as hard even on flat ground.
You need to decide if you want to run at 80 mph or 60.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(03-02-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )the missing link Wrote:  Do you have more power in 5th or 8th ?

Exactly , thank you rawze , kinda got busy for a bit.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: rraccerr
(03-03-2019 )rraccerr Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Rraccerr what tranny do you have. A 10 is hard to do exactly what you want to cause you have close to 600rpm shifts so sometimes you’re gonna be pulling at a rpm you really don’t like. The liner shims suck in these engines so just start a rebuild fund. Your gonna need it. Also plan your overhaul so you have control of the work or get it to some of the guys on this forum. Don’t be a victim of some shi#t hole shop, I mean dealer, I mean some delete shop with there different stages of bend over.

I don’t know what tranny I have. I have a thirteen speed. And yes I am planning on doing a overhaul when I feel the engine is totally gone. I do have a rough idle right now. I’m in the process of getting a inline six with a insite software. I been watching Rawze do his overhaul on utube and I want to diagnose all problems that flash on my dash. Right now i have a SCRproblem. And I’m registered with Cummins to view their service Manuel’s.

A 13 sd tranny is a very good transmission . It let's you have 250 rpm shifts on the " top" side . Don't be afraid to split those puppy's .

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
03-08-2019, (Subject: Curious questions ) 
(03-02-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(03-02-2019 )alborz Wrote:  
(02-28-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're gonna want to search Cummins Insite version 7.6.2 and a cummins Inline 5 or 6 adapter. The adapters usually come with the Insite software but you'll want to make sure it comes with version 7.6.2 stay away from version 8 and above or newer for they are paid subscription. You'll also want a laptop with windows 7 or newer. It is a tool now so have it dedicated to your truck diagnosing software only.

Cheapest way to collect all the above would be clean up and clean install an old laptop someone may have and go to eBay (chinese knockoffs are working just fine for a lot of us) or google search the adapter for the Inline adapter. You can spend a couple hundred $$ and be up and running real easy.

How much this insite cost?
I search on the Ebay but couldn't find this version.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...rk:27:pf:0
Just sent this to my wife so she can order it for me! Thanks!!

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.