Dpf can repair
03-12-2019, (Subject: Dpf can repair ) 
Dpf can repair
Any way to repair this for less than 2k?? Its port for dpf differential pressure sensor.Thanks!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Dpf can repair
cut out the bung, weld a plate over the hole, then weld in a new bung?

next time you need to remove an exhaust clamp or xhaust sensor, heat it up with a torch until it glows nice and red all the way through it before turning the fitting. Just a suggestion.

always use Anti-sieze when re-installing to prevent those kind of problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
Where do i get new bung? Pete dealership told me i cant purchase only that piece...
replyreply
(03-12-2019 )eggtrucks Wrote:  Where do i get new bung? Pete dealership told me i cant purchase only that piece...

then I would find a pipe fitting at home depot and make an adapter of some sort.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'm a firm believer in the saying where there's a will there's a way. A good radiator shop sjoild be able to braze a brass fitting in. A weld shop with a decent welder could install a piece of barstock and drill n tap it for you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DosGatos
(03-12-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  I'm a firm believer in the saying where there's a will there's a way. A good radiator shop sjoild be able to braze a brass fitting in. A weld shop with a decent welder could install a piece of barstock and drill n tap it for you.
Brass and brazing will fail with DPF temperature.
replyreply
03-14-2019, (Subject: Dpf can repair ) 
The place that baked it for me had new one for $40...will be more careful with sensor removal now
replyreply
03-16-2019, (Subject: Dpf can repair ) 
Google DPF bung repair. They are everywhere. Another tip, after you heat it red hot pour cold water on on it. Use a line wrench. Overkill but I have a set of sockets that are like line wrenchs. Same socket idea used years ago on PLN enginges.
replyreply
03-16-2019, (Subject: Dpf can repair ) 
(03-16-2019 )DVT873 Wrote:  Google DPF bung repair. They are everywhere. Another tip, after you heat it red hot pour cold water on on it. Use a line wrench. Overkill but I have a set of sockets that are like line wrenchs. Same socket idea used years ago on PLN enginges.
Wouldn’t pouring cold water on it shrink it and make it brittle. I would think heat the bung. Concentrate the heat on the bung. Then when you start to see redness that’s hot enough. The expansion in the bung should release. There’s a lot of ways to skin a cat though I guess.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.