Building to much boost at once!
03-15-2019, (Subject: Building to much boost at once! ) 
Building to much boost at once!
2006 Volvo vnl670, with a Cm870.

So after getting Uni to do my tune, which works great! its much much better now then ever before. After a week of driving with it, i noticed the boost went back to how it was acting before the tune but not as bad.

I took today of to start hunting down the air leak, While i was looking for parts and etc. I got a good deal on some fog lights for the Volvo ( $85 a pop). That by it self took me far to long! as all ways. So ive got the truck on the little ramps and when i was checking the clamps, i found one that was loose . It was the last band at the exhaust turbo side, so i wrench it down. Got it really nice n tyt now. While i was putting away the tools, I went to look for the oil leak or track it down. The brake cleaner helped out a lot but didnt work as well as i thought it would have. So i'm planning on power washing the bottom part of the block to get it really really clean. I checked the oil pan bolts and they are good! so..... im stumped. Ill post some videos or pics 2marrow to show you what i mean!

I'd like to maybe build a CaC testing kit but not sure how to go about it! anyone got some suggestions?

Thanks again folks!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
03-16-2019, (Subject: Building to much boost at once! ) 
RE: Building to much boost at once!
Go to pluming store and get you 2 4” end caps PVC drill a hole in in for a valve stem, put in a air boot on each side of the CAC AND clamp them in the boots and put air in the drum slowly and be carefull they can shoot out if you put ti much air in them. My cm 870 is the opposite I’m not getting enough boost and motor is sealed tight. Wish I knew how to put pics on here cause I can show pics on how I pressurized my whole system today for $50 in parts. But that’s how I did my CAC
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
03-18-2019, (Subject: Building to much boost at once! ) 
So I spent from Friday till Sunday night working on the truck, even tho I couldn’t check the cac or some other things. I replaced a air bag and valve lvler that’s connected to the air bag. So I just drove empty 110 miles and my boost is back to some what normal, I still think I’ve got a air leak so I’m just going to order a turbo boost leak and CAC testing kit of amazon.

Yeah I saw your post and I’d check how gearhead said he would have done it, if anything pressure test the entire engine.

Tho I’m just really shocked that boost leak was an easy fix for me for the most part...

Posting pictures easy, got to new attachment and find the picture you want to add and click on “ add attachment”. Give it a second to load n bam your done!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
03-27-2019, (Subject: Building to much boost at once! ) 
so after getting a CaC testing kit from Fleet pride " dont recommend getting it, unless you have to and cant wait for it to be shipped to your house ".

Found a MASSIVE air leak on the bottom part of the CaC..... So im getting another ordered tomorrow.

replyreply
03-27-2019, (Subject: Building to much boost at once! ) 
For my CACkit I just got 2 6 inch pieces of 4 inch PVC to 4 inch PVC caps drill one of the Caps out and tapped in a pressure regulator and air fitting and put a jam nut on the inside of it to make sure it couldn't blow out. Also made sure to properly clean prime and glue the PVC pieces together
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.