New to me cm871
03-22-2023, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
RE: New to me cm871
So after reading more I’ve seen the new ecm needed to be ran in the truck for 10 min before anything is to be done? When I got new ecm it was programmed at his shop while I ran on a loaner for a day. Then we just swapped them out when he had programmed the new one. Will that affect anything?

User's Signature: 2010 kenworth t800 isx500hp cm871 13spd 3.55ratio
replyreply
03-22-2023, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
And I’m pretty sure my egr cooler is plugged from water pump and then theres a plate on the bottom where it goes to the block. I suppose that’s not letting coolant to the back cylinders as well? My egr cooler was leaking and that’s what I was told to do as well. My temps have always been normal I don’t run it hard and keep an eye on my gauges.

replyreply
03-23-2023, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
(03-22-2023 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  And I’m pretty sure my egr cooler is plugged from water pump and then theres a plate on the bottom where it goes to the block. I suppose that’s not letting coolant to the back cylinders as well? My egr cooler was leaking and that’s what I was told to do as well. My temps have always been normal I don’t run it hard and keep an eye on my gauges.

The coolant flow needs to be restored ... either by repairing the egr cooler to allow coolant thru it again.. or a bypass hose 3/4" dia. to the back of the block. Sounds like you have been dealing with a some clueless folks there. Also so that the water pump bearings are not face-loaded with 70+ psi of pressure due to the dead circuit that was plated off, because it will be otherwise.

Sounds to me like might have yourself some kind of red-neck tuning/repair shop outfit there. God forbid how bad of a job places like that do on a major repair of any type. - I feel sorry for all their customers!.

Unfortunately this is the norm out there any more these days. Quality and actual professional skills = non-existant ... all while most of this type or repair shops customers would claim they did a decent job of whatever got touched. What you get instead is pi$$-ar$$e excuses like "this is how we always did it" .. all while holding that speed gun, and no one bothers to use a damn torque wrench because "that takes too long vs. the speed-gun" for 95% of the entire repair, if at all!.

With mechanical devices.. Garbage in = garbage out, every single time, and when the typical repair shops charge upwards of $175/hour any more.. it is downright godd$MM BEYOND DESPICABLE!.

ANY OTHER INDUSTRY... SOMEONE CHARGING THAT KIND OF MONEYS PER HOUR... Would have on white, dust-free gloves on.. they would use a torque wrench on every single da#mn screw like their career was on the line for it ... and you would have nothing less than something so clean and 100% certified, that you could eat off and put a guarantee on its quality after they were done!..

BUT NOT IN TRUCKING!!!,.. IT IS THE MOST HORRIBLE, BACK-WOODS, GARBAGE, NO-GIVE-A-S#IT REPAIR INDUSTRY OUT THERE, HANDS DOWN!!!> all while most truck owners stand and accept it with their wallets open!, not questioning it.. but accepting everything half-ar%ssed because they do not know any better. It starts at the OEM certified facilities where they are seriously under-trained on how to do anything properly, and are actually the worst, .. and then it goes down hill from there.

- the beer is talkin'

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Scoot5869 , Nostalgic
03-23-2023, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
You are correct in the red neck repair shop. I recently heard that he tried to cut a block started to mess it up called the pro he said stop immediately put new blade on reset and hope you didn’t cut to deep. His reply buddy I’ll never see this truck again idc

Is there a part number for that hose?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.