New to me cm871
03-21-2019, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
RE: New to me cm871
it looke just like the one I got. works for me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Scoot5869
03-21-2019, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
Ok thanks guess I’ll pull the trigger on it and wait for it to cross the big water!
Then I’ll have to rewatch rawze install video

User's Signature: 2010 kenworth t800 isx500hp cm871 13spd 3.55ratio
replyreply
03-22-2023, (Subject: New to me cm871 ) 
(03-20-2019 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  ...
my question is how do I tell if I have a bad demandate

I was sent the program from your truck today. here is what I see at a glance...

* First of all, according to the enigne ser# provided.. it is supposed to have program AV10050 in it. - It however has program AV10165 in it instead. the 2 programs ARE compatible.. so this is not an issue in itself.

* It is a typical, terrible delete program where some clueless fool blocked all the fault codes for the egr/dpf.. did literally noting much else... and then imagined that it must have had some kind of unicorn fairy fart dust A.I. inside the ecm to fix itself with.

this type of half-baked, hack-n-slash style of delete programs are in fact very harmful to the engine over time due to over-spooling the turbo, too much injection timing, and a lot of other issues that lead to an eventual engine failure.

== Welcome to the bad delete club.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks!! Got everything in truck this morning and just got first load on. Turbo sounds much better. Have an exhaust gas pressure light on now hopefully sensor is bad I imagine it was shut off before

replyreply
(03-22-2023 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  Thanks!! Got everything in truck this morning and just got first load on. Turbo sounds much better. Have an exhaust gas pressure light on now hopefully sensor is bad I imagine it was shut off before

Yup. It was blocked from being able to show faults on the garbage-can program you had in there.

That sensor is needed for cylinder mis-fire detection and is used to help with fuel economy among other things. Make sure the passageway thru the thermostat housing is also clear .... it passageway likes to clog up.

While the sensor is off, spray some brake cleaner down into the hole and make sure it does not pool up. If it does then remove the little pipe (upper fitting only) at the bottom of the thermostat housing that goes to the exhaust manifold and take a stiff wire or something to clear it out.

(click to view larger image)

Tags:
thermostat, isx exhaust sensor, exhaust gas pressure sensor, clogged tube, manifold sensor, egp sensor

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok thanks it keeps going on and off so could be the connection I think that’s the one that I have zip tied in place. But I’ll also check to mange sure passage is clear

replyreply
(03-22-2023 )Scoot5869 Wrote:  Ok thanks it keeps going on and off so could be the connection I think that’s the one that I have zip tied in place. But I’ll also check to mange sure passage is clear

It is not normal at all to get faults with the exhaust pressure sensor.

With proper de-mandate programming, the "cans" under the truck have to also be 100% hollow. Exhaust has to be as free-flowing as absolutely possible. Not a bunch of little holes, or a big hole in the elements but the insides entirely remove all including the insulation to the bare metal. Any back pressure or places to reflect heat in the exhaust cans is bad for the engine and its turbocharger!... and a lot of de-mandate shops are lazy and do not do this kind of stuff properly.

replyreply
There are no cans anymore. I replaced the sensor and the plug will be here tomorrow the lock is broke so it’s zipped tied down. The fault light started to randomly come and go last week. I could never catch it in park to see what it was until today and just got insite up yesterday. Thinking of replacing the whole harness those plugs are getting brittle

replyreply
Scoot5869 Wrote:...
I was wondering out of curiosity what all made the delete bad besides what you had posted? ...

As said before.. it is a typical "block all the faults and imagine it has some internal fix-it sauce" type of delete. It is very typical of those truck/auto tuning websites and the trash they trade around with each other... claiming it is "as factory as possible"... but in reality it should be called... "as harmful as can be", because no corrections at all were made on how it runs, so that it can run properly without EGR gas and missing emissions systems.

There is a large collection of these idiots who hang out on those engine tuning websites that are this ignorant indeed ... and quickly would argue with anyone if anyone tried to point it out. They seem to all have this false idea that there is some kind of hidden magical fix-it sauce inside the ecm for whenever they unplug stuffs, or block all the faults off, and ignore the rest... thinking it will correct itself instead of tearing itself up.

Nothing can be further from that. The ecm is actually dumb as a brick and will not correct for anything.. not the emissions system being switched off or missing, not the engine mode control logic to prevent it from trying to rapidly warm up a missing DPF can forever, ,... not the combustion process,... nothing!.

Your program is a damned fine example of this.

here are some more details at a glance...

* Engine is not kept in primary mode state. Causes engine to be in a constant state of protection with slight power loses.

* DPF pressure sensor not switched off.

* DPF inlet temp sensor not switched off.

* DPF delta-P sensor not switched off.

* DOC inlet temp sensor not switched off.

* DOC outlet temp sensor not switched off.

* EGR delta-P sensor not switched off.

* EGR temp sensor not switched off.

* Exhaust pressure sensor was disabled.

* After treatment prot.manager not switched off properly.

* After treatment diag.manager not switched off properly.

* After treatment manager not switched off properly.

* A multitude of blocked fault codes instead of switching things off. Some things that were left on will cause the ECM to be confused.

* The engine will not be kept in its non EGR operating mode and will get stuck in a DPF warm-up mode, causing turbo over-spool and excess engine friction, shortening the life of both.

* All EGR gas requests are still active, and assumed. The engine will run the wrong fuel-air mix, incorrect injection timing, ect. - this will cause harm to the engine over time.

* Auxiliary emissions are all still active and will screw with the engines efficiency and contributes to short engine life.

* Injection timing was not remapped for a non-EGR engine. This contributes towards a short engine life.

* Doser injector has not been switched off.

* EGR actuator manager has not been switched off.

* Regen manager not switched off all the way.

* Off-road / backup emissions have not been switched off.

*Coolant level and other engine restart limiters are still active. This could make a bad day for someone with the engine not wanting to start after low coolant or other faults.

* Engine brake has been set for zero MPH. This is very hard on the engine brake and can actually cause a dropped valve.

* The Cummins fuel derate bug for CM871's is still in the program. This causes ghost power issues as the engine gets older.

* Doser injector manager not switched off.

* NOX gas manager not switched off.

* EGR valve is still assigned to the J1939 network. This causes network errors that have to be blocked.

* Load-based speed control is still active. It's optional, but every truck owner hates this feature.

* Limp Home mode is still active. The engine may someday go into Limp Home, due to the confusing emission manager that is not switched off.

* DOC (OCD, OCL, OCP, OCR) after-treatment managers have not been switched off properly.

* Fuel air-mix control is set too lean for a non-EGR engine.

* PM/Soot monitor and counter is still active. At some point it could decide to go into Limp Home / Derate mode.

* Soot filter processing manager is still active, and should NOT be.

* There is absolutely no turbo control remapping for a non-EGR engine. The turbo will over-spool and cause harm to itself and the engine over time. The engine is still set for mass-charge-flow, which is not recommended, but even worse, no one bothered to re-map anything. This makes the turbo-charger get confused and become unstable in its operations... like choking the exhaust at idle and other issues that lead to engine or turbocharger failure.

* Vocational (the program is made for an RV and not a highway truck) smart power feature is turned on. This limits the acceleration rate of the engine significantly, and make it feel like it has sluggish response. It's optional, but most people hate this feature.

=======

This is what is seen at a glance. There are other issues, but these are the highlights.

It is just bad enough to be harmful to the engine and the turbo... and will eventually lead to a failure that no one wants... all while most truck owners would swear that their engine seemed to run ok on this type of half-baked garbage, like a fool, simply because they don't know any better.

DON'T BE THAT FOOL!.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.