Over pressurized antifreeze tank
05-25-2019, (Subject: Over pressurized antifreeze tank ) 
RE: Over pressurized antifreeze tank
(05-25-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Rawze, how do you check for exhaust gases in the coolant?

I use a long hose and pressure gauge at the the rad. cap and take it for a test drive with engine brakes on high. If it is building pressure, then you will see it rapidly on the gauge. either when you get on it hard, or when the engine brake kicks on. I also make sure there is a way I can relieve the pressure if it starts building up rapidly while driving.

BTW: The radiator pressure relief cap can easily keep up with the leak from the air compressor if that were the only issue in that video above. That truck owner in that video has a high likelihood of discovering later on that his engine is also to blame.

That much damage does not occur to the coolant system normally by only the air compressor pressurizing things alone. - 90% chance he also has a bad head gasket that only shows its ugly face under high load or engine braking. Could very well be the underlying cause of the air compressor head failure and all the secondary problems. There are exceptions but most of the time this is what I have seen when someone has a problem like that. They solve the air compressor problem only to discover a month or so later that they are still getting some type of abnormal pressure buildup and that their problems are bigger.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

Messages In This Thread
RE: Over pressurized antifreeze tank - Rawze - 05-25-2019
RE: Over pressurized antifreeze tank - Unilevers - 06-10-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.