The Mothership needs an MPG Boost
05-20-2016, (Subject: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost ) 
RE: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost
I have seen guys cut away at the sides of the fender guards to get better air flow around the engine, and cut away the rubber seal around the radiator on them too. I have also seen them modify the exhaust (after a MM tune) so that they get much better exhaust flow, and that will lower turbo and other temps by about 100 degrees too.

It can be difficult to get a Volvo to run the same cooler temps as say a Pete or KW, or even a Prostar but I have seen it done. As well, if you keep the power restricted on them a bit (power set below about 500 HP) then you don't get as many problems with the smaller restrictive intake and CAC piping so much either. -- these things can help a lot, but in his case,.. they will not help nearly as much as they should because of the high geared rears + Autoshits he has. Any kind of heavy loads and that thing will fight to get out of its own way all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost - Rawze - 05-20-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.