Cm2350 down 559 issues
05-25-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 down 559 issues ) 
Cm2350 down 559 issues
I know that there is a lot of other posts/threads about these kinds of issues and I have read through a bunch of them but hoping that something might stick out with what I have going on and where someone can help

Friday on I 90 in Idaho just west of the Idaho Montana border have a 2015 389 Peterbilt with the Cm2350
Started down the mountain by the small town of Mullan my truck got a check engine light and died I pulled over in a white spot on the highway where I still sit I would’ve 559 code I was finally able to get some parts yesterday for what was available I changed out the fuel pump actuator And the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail
part number 4307411nx actuator
part number 4307226 valve
Neither one changed anything is the problem I’m having is I start the truck it’ll run for 30 seconds or so normal smooth idle and then shut down tired of this it was running fine no issues whatsoever I just topped off my tank’s in Missoula about 100 miles back
Prior to changing those two parts I checked the voltage at the connector for the high-pressure fuel rail sensor like quickserv states in the troubleshooting manual and you got 5.1 V
I would’ve bought one of these as well but they did not have one
I checked the resistance across the actuator and got the 2.8 ohms
I remove the banjo bolts on the fuel pump and check the screen inside of it and it was clean absolutely no livery I change the fuel filter’s and they were free from any metal shavings
I remove the lift pump and checked inside of it and checked the connections a fuel lines to it for any kind of leaks found nothing
Only thing that I have found that is different gods and he is in the air bleeder on the house in fuel filter head where I would normally do you press to release air in the system when changing fuel filters ,running or priming up there seems to be normal pressure but as soon as the truck turns off there’s barely any and at the fuel rail and barely no time at all and there’s no pressure
There’s no one in the area who’s any knowledge or that plug into my truck due to the delete of that can help the truck was the Demandated at the beginning of the year and haven’t had any issues sense I don’t have insight or a computer I’m working everything I know to off of quick serve
Any possible experience or help given would be greatly appreciated my batteries are running low and the truck won’t run long enough to charge them I don’t have the 12 sided socket to remove the bolts in the head of the feel pump in due to driveline repairs recently I have depleted my maintenance fund and don’t have the money for hook I’m in a bad spot boys . Thank y’all
replyreply
RE: Cm2350 down 559 issues
are you getting oil pressure during that 30 sec of run time?

you need insite...

What is the fuel pressure measured vs commanded when it does run?

any other codes besides the 559?

you also need to inspect the plungers in the pump to make sure one is not snapped off.

also inspect the gear train to ensure nothing is wrong with the pump drive gear?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironsled , Techmech
Yes oil pressure is at 40 normal for first start up

I don’t now about the fuel pressure specifics I don’t have a gauge for it

I just took the injection pipe off the rail and made sure the nuts on the out side of the head hadn’t got lose and got all those put back on

I’ll work on getting the head off the pump I just don’t have the 12 point socket so I gotta figure a way to get the those head bolts out

No other codes come up on my screen in the truck except one for my diff temp due to breaking off recently at the plug .

Thanks for the reply rawze
replyreply
On the smaller Cummins engines I know that you can unplug the fuel rail pressure sensor and the engine will stay running. It runs at max fuel pressure but doesn't shut off. I dont know if that's the same on the isx. That may get you somewhere else to work on it or charge the batteries.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Ironsled , Techmech
[attachment=5044]
[attachment=5042]
[attachment=5041]
[attachment=5040]
[attachment=5043]

Cm2350 fuel pump head and parts
79790643 esn
571,9773 miles
replyreply
The one closest to the actuator will not come back up when pressed down
replyreply
(05-25-2019 )Ironsled Wrote:  The one closest to the actuator will not come back up when pressed down

Will it come out freely if you try to pull it out by hand? If not then it is your problem, it hangs in crasher washer.
replyreply
Yes I can pulll it out easily but tapping it a few times and it does not return uppwards like it should . I’m assuming the check valve is bad in the head and that would explain why the system won’t pressure to spec . Am I wrong ? Can check valves be replace ? Or do I have to replace the whole assembly
replyreply
(05-25-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  are you getting oil pressure during that 30 sec of run time?

you need insite...

What is the fuel pressure measured vs commanded when it does run?

any other codes besides the 559?

you also need to inspect the plungers in the pump to make sure one is not snapped off.

also inspect the gear train to ensure nothing is wrong with the pump drive gear?.

What’s your thought here
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.