Dropping the oil pan
06-12-2019, (Subject: Dropping the oil pan ) 
RE: Dropping the oil pan
find an AMSOIL rep or order from their site is what ive seen most people using there are cheaper ones but idk the quality.

as far as sampling i guess any time ive taken one its been during an oil change wait for about 1/2 the oil to drain out then stick in my cup an grab one. other than that you could risk your entire engine and put on a fumotomo or whatever valve. makes oil changes a breeze but can get hit by road debri and possibly open the valve and dump the whole lot while your driving.

i would think at 10k changes it shouldnt have time to make sludge. unless its putting alot of soot into the oil.

you could watch rawze's video where they made a backyard enginerding manometer for testing blowby and try that or goto shop that has a real manometer.

as far as looking at internals it depends are you going to pull caps off mains and put back on and retorqe and pull rod caps put back on and retorque? if so when you pull a cap check the bearings in the caps to see if theyve made it through the silver metal and into copper. then look at the surfaces on crank journals and check for any scarring. you should be able to run your fingernail across the crank journals and feel as smooth as glass atleast when new maybe a few very very slight snags with use. and a scored one...well youll be able to tell if you cant go find an eye doctor quick! ;p

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dropping the oil pan - Lonestar10 - 06-12-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.