Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
06-06-2019, (Subject: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? ) 
Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
I've been reviewing a load of information about different flatbed trailer types and options, and I figure now it's time to go to the guys who use them on a regular. Not sure how many on here run flatbeds, but I'd like your input on the matter.

- Plenty of brands out there, so if there's one you prefer to the other, please tell me why
- Weight is a something of importance over the steel one I run now...I prefer a 45' or 48'x102"
- I'd like the option to slide the front axle and possible a lift option as well.

Since getting started, I've been obsessed with the idea of good MPG out of my truck. This site has helped tremendously. So far my last few fill-ups have ranged from 8.990-9.103 to the pump. I may be way off, but I think with the right trailer (weight and drag reduction) and aluminum wheels that are waiting to be put on the truck, I may be able to gain another .3-.4+ mpg. Obviously, this is all theory, not real world...yet...but I also didn't expect to get the mileage out of this cm2250-2350 bastard situation I started with (Thanks Rawze).

Aluminum trailer and aluminum wheels on the truck can easily drop me 1300lbs+ lighter than I am currently (this is according to my actual trailer weight compared to the actual weights of the trailers I have been inquiring about). On the plus side of that as well, I'll be further away from gross, as I run heavy most of the time, and the spread will be easier to distribute the load over the axles as they'll be legal for 40k

WYT?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? - SquareOne - 06-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.