Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
06-06-2019, (Subject: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? ) 
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
If your looking for aerodynamics the fontaine revolution is the most aero flatbed trailer I know of, I've never ran one but have a buddy that has one an it's kinda a love hate relationship, he loves it cause the design is built strong it's a solid trailer with the closed ribbing underneath for less drag, he hates it for that same reason the pocket design can be awkward too work with an less chain points, they try to make up for that with chains in the deck an the J track type system they have. Another somewhat design flaw that sets them apart is the tail lights they are a Fontaine specific part so you'll want too keep some spares with ya.

With a lift axle on a flatbed you should be fine on odd tire wear from hitting bumps an dips, if you were running step deck I wouldnt recommend it ya just can't get the wheels high enough to stop it from hitting the ground on bumps. It shouldn't affect alignment I'd be more worried about the slide tracks wearing out an throwing off the alignment that way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? - ynot - 06-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.