Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
06-06-2019, (Subject: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? ) 
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle?
(06-06-2019 )ynot Wrote:  ....With a lift axle on a flatbed you should be fine on odd tire wear from hitting bumps an dips, if you were running step deck I wouldnt recommend it ya just can't get the wheels high enough to stop it from hitting the ground on bumps....

I had thought about that the other night when I saw one roll by. Although he was empty, it seemed like the lifted axle height was still fairly close to the ground. Didn't get a chance to see how it reacted when he hit dips or imperfections in the road, but I'd have to imagine they do touch time to time. Flat spots would most likely show up quick when 70mph pavement hits a stationary set of wheels...

- Poppa Chop, those Reitnouer Maxlite's look nice. Haven't seen one in person nor do I know the actual weight. Maybe I'll give them a shout in the AM for some info.

- Ynot, never even considered the aero part of it...only the actual weight and idea of less rolling resistance due to one axle being elevated. That's another factor I'm going to have to check into. They don't give em' away, so I'd like to get the most out of whatever I buy. I also consider resale as well, so I want to purchase something that would be desirable in the flatbed field later on down the line.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aluminum flatbed spread- with or without lift axle? - SquareOne - 06-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.