Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator
07-19-2019, (Subject: Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator ) 
Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator
There's some old threads but I'm wondering if anyone knows a source for the spring in the regulator. I'm tempted to try the dimes trick and here's my reason. I can run 5000ish miles before my oil pressure drops to 20 psi then turns the motor off. I've got no leaks, and I don't burn oil. 839510 miles. I've seen on another forum a guy going through the issue I have and he replaced his pump and it didn't help increase his oil pressure. The pumps are remanned and maybe not every pump gets a new spring so my thinking is try a new spring and maybe 8-10 dimes. Has anyone gone thru this and tried the dimes spacer trick? For that matter does anyone here offer a proper spacer so dimes don't need to be used? I'm still making payments on this truck and I can't keep doing oil changes every 5000 miles I'd really appreciate some insight and help.
replyreply
RE: Pennies and spring in isx oil pump regulator
I think it's dimes and something like 6 to 10 dimes

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
RE: Pennies and spring in isx oil pump regulator
Oh jeez yeah I meant dimes. I fixed it.
replyreply
RE: Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator
That's not gonna help your oil pressure problem. Your problem is soot is building up in The oil and plugging the oil filter. So try to find the main problem. Check for over fueling injectors or check your compression/blow by. It might be a broken ring like mine. My 871 does the same thing and I just add some oil change the filter out at 7,000 miles. I've been running mine like this for over a year now lol.
replyreply
(07-19-2019 )cawakening Wrote:  There's some old threads but I'm wondering if anyone knows a source for the spring in the regulator. I'm tempted to try the dimes trick and here's my reason. I can run 5000ish miles before my oil pressure drops to 20 psi then turns the motor off. I've got no leaks, and I don't burn oil. 839510 miles. I've seen on another forum a guy going through the issue I have and he replaced his pump and it didn't help increase his oil pressure. The pumps are remanned and maybe not every pump gets a new spring so my thinking is try a new spring and maybe 8-10 dimes. Has anyone gone thru this and tried the dimes spacer trick? For that matter does anyone here offer a proper spacer so dimes don't need to be used? I'm still making payments on this truck and I can't keep doing oil changes every 5000 miles I'd really appreciate some insight and help.

your problem is not your oil pump -- IT IS A SEVERE SOOT PROBLEM --- FIX THE DAMN ENGINE1!!!!!!!!!!
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid31116

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That's why I posted here. To find more than one person post about the problem and see more than one person post about a resolution.
replyreply
Yep, something is causing excessive soot to buildup. Fix that problem first then put some dimes or a stainless shim under the regulator spring
replyreply
07-20-2019, (Subject: Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator ) 
@rawze have you guys had anything like this happen from the oil pump shim?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201907/post_2987_1563650610_6a4b587b4f83de4aee5d05c243079148.jpg
replyreply
07-20-2019, (Subject: Dimes and spring in isx oil pump regulator ) 
800,000 + miles, time to replace the bearings in the lower end too...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.