Midbed Ammonia Sensor
08-30-2019, (Subject: Midbed Ammonia Sensor ) 
RE: Midbed Ammonia Sensor
(08-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 )kozakvod Wrote:  Guy what is your problem? I posed a question about a Midbed Ammonia Sensor and you’re setting here telling me Im broke and how you’re going to take my loads from me? Hopefully your night gets better than it’s been.

(the beer is still talkin'...)

My point is that your posts have implied that you have been caught in that cycle of false hope that too many people rely on these days. Relying on warranty while most go broke waiting for that free OE sh#it-quality repair that will only be done half-arssed at best.

Your last post implies you have started to realize this, and are now trying to break away a bit get on top of things (cheers to this, btw). That is a great step forward, so my last post was simply a sarcasm of your previous actions. However, you say your going to continue to rely on that warranty that might just well break you in the mean time (you mentioned something "November of 2020")?.

The irony of what you posted is very typical of people who come on here, afraid to take matters into their own hands, afraid of that all-mighty piece of paper or promise that will only land them with grief IF THEIR ENGINE DID FAIL because it is worthless!. You think that warranty company is going to pay to have that engine re-bult the right way, then you got some serious drugs your smokin there. They will only pay for about a half arsse garbage minimum s$it-show job at best,... and dictate where you go (some OE shi#t$hole!) and you will get a half-arssed garbage inframe not worth 2 cents in my book. -- i got one better... how about you call them up and ask them if you did the work yourself, how much of the internals and inframe parts they would pay for ....

you will get silence and an excuse... and more silence...

-- THROW THE THOUGHT OF A WARRANTY IN THE TRASH AT THIS POINT!!!! --- DO WHAT IS NECESSARY TO FIX WHAT YOU GOT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!! - The money you save will be that revenue I was talking about for how easily I could use and cut your customers out from under you with.

In other words,.. if you can't compete with bottom dollar profiteers like me, then you are only likely to to hate your situation by the end of next year. We are headed for a recession this next year ... like it or not... fuel prices are highly likely to rise along with it ... ADD TO THAT, the full-autonomous trucks that the mega-fleeces are gearing up to steal freight with, means that everyone in our industry is going to bite into that s#it sandwich,.. What are you going to do about it so that guys just like me don't come along and steal your customers from you while you are sitting half the time repeating history because your afraid to "void that worthless piece of paper".

Hopefully this clarifies things for everyone, ... We can only watch and see what the future brings.

Rawze you missed the point of everything I said, but that's fine, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse regarding that point.

I get EVERYTHING you're saying and believe it or not, completely respect your words. Regarding that warranty, I'm not going to abandon it to the point of it being completely useless. Contrary to what you may think, it has paid for itself a few times over so it hasn't been all bad. However, that isn't to say that it's all good either because it's not. However, if a MAJOR ticket item should show itself before its end, I won't hesitate to access it.

You're right though, I should have had Insite a long time ago, I didn't and I take full responsibility for the money I've spent by not having it, but I have it now. Fixing yesterday is pointless venture.

So yes, I'm taking on the responsibility of my truck. Sorry that doesn't seem apparent to you, but it doesn't need to be either. I simply asked a question and then a follow up question, that was it. Was never meant to drop into this type of a conversation.

Enjoy your beer and have a good night.
replyreply
(08-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  <snip>then you are only likely to to hate your situation by the end of next year. We are headed for a recession this next year ... like it or not... fuel prices are highly likely to rise along with it ...

I think this one could last a very long time the way things are shaping up.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
(08-30-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  <snip>then you are only likely to to hate your situation by the end of next year. We are headed for a recession this next year ... like it or not... fuel prices are highly likely to rise along with it ...

I think this one could last a very long time the way things are shaping up.
Uncharted territory where headed for. Who knows. At the end of the day things got to be moved by truck or everything stops so where not in a bad business. Everything is gonna be wacked once this rope starts coming tight.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
About 20 years ago I was at Los Angeles Freightliner for some minor factory warranty work (air conditioning leak), the service manager mentioned that they hate doing warranty work, as they only get paid half the regular shop rate.
Over the years this explains a lot of the on going issues people have had with their trucks. The dealers and their mechanics want that truck out of their shop as quickly as they can. While diagnosing a problem, as soon as they find anything wrong, they swap out a part and send you down the road. Even though something else upstream may be the actual cause of the issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Warranty work May pay them less per hour but they get flat rate for it. So the faster they can get you out and the more things they could charge for the longer the hours are they can charge for without actually physically working it.
replyreply
09-02-2019, (Subject: Midbed Ammonia Sensor ) 
(08-30-2019 )uncleal13 Wrote:  About 20 years ago I was at Los Angeles Freightliner for some minor factory warranty work (air conditioning leak), the service manager mentioned that they hate doing warranty work, as they only get paid half the regular shop rate.
Over the years this explains a lot of the on going issues people have had with their trucks. The dealers and their mechanics want that truck out of their shop as quickly as they can. While diagnosing a problem, as soon as they find anything wrong, they swap out a part and send you down the road. Even though something else upstream may be the actual cause of the issue.
That service manager was right then and he is right now. Truck is plenty bad, automotive is 10 times worse. The OEM DOES NOT ALLOW ENOUGH TIME to do ANYTHING right from diag. thru repair. Also very few techs put in any time on their own studying these systems. Rawze is right. Most of them don't know much about what they are fixing or how it all interconnects. The ones that care enough to study and learn on their own are also smart enough leave the dealer world pretty quick. In fact many of the best ones leave vehicle repair altogether. An ugly cycle and it is getting worse. It's going to get real ugly. Most techs on average make about the same as drivers. For that money do you want to be in the truck or under it? One example. Removing and reinstalling an ISX or similar engine in a Prostar. OEM pays around 14.7 hours. If replacing a long block add about 6.7hrs. For parts transfer. So, 21.7 hrs. Even with add ons, broken bolt, bad connector body, all the little detail stuff factory WILL NOT pay more than 25hrs. That is from the time it pulls into the bay until it is done. Diag an electrical problem? .5 hrs. To get more than that the documentation required, photos, circuit numbers, point to point circuit test readings needs to be at a courtroom evidence level or they just deny it. A broen bolt? .2 for the first one, .1 @ after that. Anyway, I will stop here. Wish I could blame beer. Uncleal13 and Rawze are correct. Warranty is no savior. And the dealers HATE it. They lose on EVERY warranty ticket they write. I blame them because the owners WILL NOT push back against the OEM's. The whole industry is pissing and moaning about lack of techs, dealers and OEM's both. Cry me a river. Its the money honey! Idiots and worse all of them.
replyreply
09-02-2019, (Subject: Midbed Ammonia Sensor ) 
(09-02-2019 )DVT873 Wrote:  That service manager was right then and he is right now. Truck is plenty bad, automotive is 10 times worse. The OEM DOES NOT ALLOW ENOUGH TIME to do ANYTHING right from diag. thru repair. Also very few techs put in any time on their own studying these systems. Rawze is right. Most of them don't know much about what they are fixing or how it all interconnects. The ones that care enough to study and learn on their own are also smart enough leave the dealer world pretty quick. In fact many of the best ones leave vehicle repair altogether. An ugly cycle and it is getting worse. It's going to get real ugly. Most techs on average make about the same as drivers. For that money do you want to be in the truck or under it? One example. Removing and reinstalling an ISX or similar engine in a Prostar. OEM pays around 14.7 hours. If replacing a long block add about 6.7hrs. For parts transfer. So, 21.7 hrs. Even with add ons, broken bolt, bad connector body, all the little detail stuff factory WILL NOT pay more than 25hrs. That is from the time it pulls into the bay until it is done. Diag an electrical problem? .5 hrs. To get more than that the documentation required, photos, circuit numbers, point to point circuit test readings needs to be at a courtroom evidence level or they just deny it. A broen bolt? .2 for the first one, .1 @ after that. Anyway, I will stop here. Wish I could blame beer. Uncleal13 and Rawze are correct. Warranty is no savior. And the dealers HATE it. They lose on EVERY warranty ticket they write. I blame them because the owners WILL NOT push back against the OEM's. The whole industry is pissing and moaning about lack of techs, dealers and OEM's both. Cry me a river. Its the money honey! Idiots and worse all of them.

we live in the age of trucking that required us to turn our own wrenches and cheat the system of OE repair idiots (by getting our own software, tools, education, etc.) as much as possible to the greatest extent we can handle on our own. There is no room in the profit margin for anything else in trucking any more, this especially excludes paying others to work on your junk at the cost of more than $125/hour .. the money simply is not there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.