Steer axle air bag
09-22-2019, (Subject: Steer axle air bag ) 
Steer axle air bag
I have 2010 kw t660, and I am seeking advice on an add on air bag system for the steer axle. I'm primarily interested in reliability, and comfort.
tia

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
RE: Steer axle air bag
Hi
I don’t mean to change topic but if anyone suggest RoadKing shocks, There out of business!
I’m stuck with two $295 Anvils!
I was waiting to get them rebuilt, now I have To return to regular shocks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Waterloo
(09-22-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  Hi
I don’t mean to change topic but if anyone suggest RoadKing shocks, There out of business!
I’m stuck with two $295 Anvils!
I was waiting to get them rebuilt, now I have To return to regular shocks.

I put Silver Road shocks on my truck. At around 15-20k I had one fail and they sent a replacement. While I was waiting for the replacement, I put a set of Gabriel's on the rear drive axle, and another Silver Road failed @ 40k. Sad to say, the tires on the axle with the Gabriels are wearing better than the one with Silver Road. Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with the steer shocks, and my tires are wearing perfectly. That really sucks for the guys that spent the $$$ on rebuildable shocks to be left with some expensive paperweights.
replyreply
Using adjustable Gabriels on my drives, Monroe on the steers. All tires are wearing normally, no issues. FleetPride sells the Gabriels for around $50 ea last time I checked. Monroes were around $40 ea.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(09-22-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I have 2010 kw t660, and I am seeking advice on an add on air bag system for the steer axle. I'm primarily interested in reliability, and comfort.
tia

just stay away from hendrickson air front ends.. I have one and it rides real nice, but is a nightmare to maintain.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(09-22-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I have 2010 kw t660, and I am seeking advice on an add on air bag system for the steer axle. I'm primarily interested in reliability, and comfort.
tia

just stay away from hendrickson air front ends.. I have one and it rides real nice, but is a nightmare to maintain.
What about it is hard to maintain? Just curious, ive seen a handfull of them on the used truck market.
replyreply
(09-22-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  
tia

What about it is hard to maintain? Just curious, ive seen a handfull of them on the used truck market.
Rawze's truck has a very odd suspension setup even the front axle is completely different I think, think of a rear axle trailarm suspension in a souped-up muscle car opposed to a typical leaf spring suspension with airbags on it were all use to. Many more bushings that are prone to failure and very unstable handling at times.
replyreply
(09-22-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  
tia

Rawze's truck has a very odd suspension setup even the front axle is completely different I think, think of a rear axle trailarm suspension in a souped-up muscle car opposed to a typical leaf spring suspension with airbags on it were all use to. Many more bushings that are prone to failure and very unstable handling at times.
So the same as a solid front axle 4x4 pickup?
replyreply
(09-22-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  
tia

So the same as a solid front axle 4x4 pickup?
pretty much
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.