cm870 bad flash
10-07-2019, (Subject: cm870 bad flash ) 
RE: cm870 bad flash
(10-07-2019 )togglehiem Wrote:  I read your post on the 870 earlier which led me to suspect the 6 pin diagnostic connector might be the problem so I pulled the ecm off the truck rigged up a power lead and tried to rom boot it again. SUCCESS!

I've now recalibrated with the factory config and entered all the OEM information. I'll put it on tomorrow. Big thanks for the heads up about the probelms with various diagnostic connectors, it's not information I could've found elsewhere so it saved me a minimum of $500 if not more.

As for why I was tinkering with it to begin with I replaced the turbo due to a squealing noise which I believe was the VG section which had considerable wear in both the vanes and plate. I replaced the valve cam and rockers at the same time due to #5 intake lobe worn. During the test drive the turbo actuator (air operated) would randomly open producing severe black smoke a low power while bobtailing. Even parked at high idle it would black smoke so bad I was affraid someone would call the fire dept. I blocked off air to the actuator and tried it again and it did fine. So I tried a used actuator valve controller which made no difference. Before I did any of these repairs the enigine would hunt while idling which I dismissed as being cause by the cam. It idled much better after repairs but still would take spells where it was hunting. The recalibration was just something I thought might help.

I rebuilt the engine a couple of years ago and other than the cam/turbo replaced #4 injector and egr cooler about a year ago. Obviously I decarboned everything when I did the cooler. I would love to do a delete since we run the SE and the oil stays so dirty but at this point I'd just like to get the turbo issue fixed. I've checked the actuator travel and it's fine and since it's overfueling at the same time it's closing off the turbo I'm led to believe it has to be a electronic issue. Any ideas? And thanks again!

Keep us posted on this!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
cm870 bad flash - togglehiem - 10-06-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Nokiaicon - 10-07-2019
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.