cm870 bad flash
10-07-2019, (Subject: cm870 bad flash ) 
RE: cm870 bad flash
(10-07-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  870's are the hardest engine out there due to the 870 only logic and the clunky bootloaders. 871's are much easier and more stable.

That being said i doubt you have a fueling issue more as a Charge flow issue due to the vgt moving around which can be caused by many things. Unplugging the EGR temp sensor and test driving it for a minute would reveal if it was egr related or not and then you can move from there.
I'll give that a try. I test drove it today and it still has the same problem. At around 1500 it start black smoking severely and doesn't want to go above 1600 (bobtailing). I blocked off the actuator air supply and it run great but with a small bit a black smoke between 1500-2000 during acceleration. I used Insite to log both test drives if anyone is interested in looking at them.

One wierd thing though. The dash on the truck (9400i) will show 20 faults while Insite shows none and the odometer can't be accessed, only the trip meter. Turning the key on and off resets the dash to show no faults.

I have an off the wall concern that I might as well share, I hope it doesn't make me sound crazy. The turbo was one I rebuilt with everything new except compressor and turbine (both were perfect), I timed the compressor to the shaft to maintain balance. I installed new vanes and plate for the VG section and made sure I located the yoke in the same location as before. I've compared the level position to two other VGT turbos and it seems to be where it should be when no air is applied. I've check actuator travel and it's right at 12mm. Now the concern, I bought the vane and plate set from a supplier selling them for half what everyone else does ($150) and now I'm wondering if they might have been for a different rotation turbo. If so that would explain why the actuator coming on is choking it down so badly. But honestly I've never seen a VGT turbo with the exhaust housing turned the other way. Could it be there is one I haven't seen and I installed vanes for it or even that I got hold of a set that was manufactered wrong and that's why it was so cheap? Hopefully some of you experts will know if this is even possible or if I'm just reaching.

Anyway I have the test drive logs if anyone is willing to look at them (if that's even something that would be helpful). I recorded using the EGR-Turbo presets. I'll be digging into more later this week when I get caught up on paperwork and booking loads for the guys. I 'll post anything I discover.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
cm870 bad flash - togglehiem - 10-06-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - togglehiem - 10-07-2019
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.