cm870 bad flash
10-07-2019, (Subject: cm870 bad flash ) 
RE: cm870 bad flash
i 100% guarantee its your turbo and its not set right. Ask Wiseman and Bosko about this aswell as they disagreed with me until they too admitted defeat like i told them they would.

YOU CAN NOT TAKE A 870 TURBO APART AND GET IT 100% RIGHT. YOJITO CANT DO IT EITHER - CLOSE BUT NOT 100%!!!! THERE IS NO WAY TO CALIBRATE IT TO THE ENGINE AND THERE IS NO FEEDBACK FOR THE ECM TO KNOW ITS WRONG!!!!

It is set on a special jig at holset and everything is timed and set and the actuator travel is measured for force and measured movement and the whole 9 yards. Do i think rawze could do it with a few months and me saying he couldn't - yes, but he would have to build the jig from scratch and he has a heavy background in motion control. Anyone else cannot just put it together.

Ive seen atleast 5(6 including me) people take apart their 870's exactly like you did, and fail exactly like you are. I spent 3 days fucking with it before i gave up. You cannot get it right without that jig. whats happening is its not where the ECM wants it to be and its seeing increased turbo speed and charge flow too rapid for its reference tables. It then dumps the turbo and starts back up from the bottom. It will be erratic and inconsistent and the truck will barely work. It is your turbo you took apart - the moment you undid the internals that turbo was no longer good.

The fact that when you block the turbo off and it runs decent should tell you something. Please people stop trying to fix these 870 turbo's. You are going down a dark rabbit hole and you dont realize how deep it is.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Brock

Messages In This Thread
cm870 bad flash - togglehiem - 10-06-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Rawze - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019,
RE: cm870 bad flash - Unilevers - 10-07-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.