CM2350 recommendations
10-20-2019, (Subject: CM2350 recommendations ) 
RE: CM2350 recommendations
I would recommend a 900 to 1000RPM idle if your going to idle through the night this should keep everything warm and prevent any condensation in the DPF and SCR systems during winter months.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
More than likely the new ESN on the valve cover would tell you a little about the engine if you registered it with Cummins quickserve. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

If its the same ESN as the original engine in the truck than it is definitely a rebuilt or overhauled engine and they reused the trucks valve cover. There are other ways to tell what you have but it takes a little bit of knowing what to look for. The engine gods on here may be able to point out these things.
replyreply
Just verified through quickserve that the engine currently installed is a different ESN than the original one that this truck came with. Truck is a 2016 t680. Both block and head plates match.

So I’m going to go ahead and install the oil bypass filter when I get home. Will be running rotella and a bit of gear lube with more frequent oil changes.

What do you guys here do about the fuel filters. Do I continue changing them every oil change? 10-15,000. Or will it be ok changing that out every other oil change? Between 20-30,000miles
replyreply
Do you have a davco filter also? If so what micron you running? Should be a 7 or 10, if it's a 50 or something stupid like that, you need to change to a smaller micron. As for the engine mounted filter, there should be a way to measure filter restriction with a fuel pressure gauge. Check quickserve under "spin on filter"

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-21-2019, (Subject: CM2350 recommendations ) 
It has a Davco 7 micron
replyreply
01-27-2020, (Subject: CM2350 recommendations ) 
My truck constantly pulls right and I keep fighting the wheel. When I counter steer left I feel slight vibration on the wheel and a light snoring like sound. Sometimes when backing power steering would go in and out. Hardly but does happen every now and then.
Clean Dextron 3 and not loosing any. Also power steering pump isn’t painted so I’m sure it’s been an issue that’s been going on for a long time.
Any suggestions on what I should do? I’d like to fix the issue before replacing the pump. Already changed filter and fluid.
replyreply
Is the truck pulling over the crown in the road as well? (I.E. - If you're in the left lane and let go of the wheel, will it pull across the crown into the right lane?).

Have you checked axle alignment?

What about bearings on the steer axle? Does the sound only occur when you turn in the one direction?

Send us a pic of your Steer tires if you can.

Is the truck losing power steering while turned all the way to hard-over and you're trying to recover, or is it randomly throughout the steering while backing? ----- ( I had a friend whom had a similar problem after replacing the steering pump....when I looked at the truck, I noticed one of the lines were twisted badly at the end from binding while tightening. We loosened, straightened the line and re-tightened >> problem solved. )
replyreply
I’m pretty sure the truck will pull over the crown after a few seconds. I haven’t checked the alignment or any bearings. They’re on the to do list.
Sound/vibration only occurs when counter steering the right pull. It’s like a pulsating vibration.
I loose power steering mainly when backing up slow or standing still turning the wheel. I notice it on tight docks where there isn’t much space to maneuver. On the road never loose power steering.
I’ll get pictures of the steers later on today. I did notice the passenger steer was starting to wear on one side. Inside I believe it was. Wasn’t noticeable to the eye but with a gauge I was able to tell. Only passenger side.
replyreply
Driving down the road is much less resistance on the steering as opposed to stopped or slow movement.

—- maybe it’s a rebuilt pump that is failing?? Make any noise when it’s binding or hard to turn? If the steer axle is off the ground, how does it feel from hard over to hard over? Could possibly have air in the system as well from when they changed the pump...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.