Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts
11-16-2019, (Subject: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts ) 
RE: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts
(11-16-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-16-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mine are 2.28 per $100 valuation with homestead exemption. When I turn 65 I will receive 20% exemption off property valuation.
Is this close to a bigger city? With that number and that figuring, it would crush most of us old farm families in PA that aren't farming any more. We have rising property values. But if you're not interested in ever selling this would run a family right off the land. Property tax should be unconstitutional. All it is, is renting land from uncle sam.
Yes, I live within the city limit.
Here's some info in regard's to our farmers and ranchers.

A Texas Ag exemption, as it is usually called, is a way for landowners to save a SIGNIFICANT amount on property taxes. The Texas agriculture exemption allows for a decrease in the amount of property taxes a landowner will be required to pay every year. Though most people refer to this type of exemption as an agriculture exemption, there are actually two types of rural land appraisals that qualify property for this type of exemption. In addition to the Agricultural Use appraisal, there is also the “Open Space” land appraisal.
The Agriculture appraisal method is intended for individuals whose primary occupation and income come from some form of agriculture. This exemption is intended to help legitimate farmers and ranchers in Texas. The agriculture exemption must be reapplied for every year to the county appraiser.
But, if you aren’t a full-time farmer or rancher, you can still get the exemption.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas Local Work Opportunity .. Thoughts - hhow55 - 11-16-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.