Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
11-15-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
RE: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN.
https://www.harborfreight.com/18-piece-s...35555.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/bearing-ra...63261.html

So i found these two at harbor freight, havent picked them up but im hoping these will do the job just fine.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
So I got the coolant housing off, wasn’t to bad. It most work getting prepared for the job then the actual work.

So here are some pics of the old thermostat n seal.

Tell me what you guys think.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
looks worn.

seal likely needs replacement too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(11-15-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  looks worn.

seal likely needs replacement too.

One thing i didnt like is the wear pattern on the thermostat... like half of it was more worn then the other. maybe i installed the seal unevenly the first time and it was maybe opening and closing crooked?.

I was looking on quickserve today and last night trying to see how i can test or check my water pump and i couldn't find anything.

thanks rawze.

replyreply
my thermostat had those same wear marks after only being in the engine 6 months when we did my head i went from the 190 i had put in back to a stocker.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
11-16-2019, (Subject: Leaking diaphragm... AGAIN. ) 
(11-15-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  my thermostat had those same wear marks after only being in the engine 6 months when we did my head i went from the 190 i had put in back to a stocker.

So i tested the thermostat with some boiling water and it worked just fine.

I'm going to finish up the job tomorrow and go on from there.

replyreply
(11-16-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  my thermostat had those same wear marks after only being in the engine 6 months when we did my head i went from the 190 i had put in back to a stocker.

I have found that if the brass ring is distorted and the thermostat is tight in it, then it will hang up and cause issues with the water temps.

When I install a new one, I always check it for this, and when needed, I will usually also use a dremel /w sanding disk to adjust the turkon seal inside the brass ring a bit if needed to make sure it is not a too tight fit to the moving part of the thermostat.

Yours looks like it was possibly scraping pretty hard on one side in those pics.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Evotrucker
Not as hard as mine was in 2016 lol

replyreply
(11-16-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-16-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  

I have found that if the brass ring is distorted and the thermostat is tight in it, then it will hang up and cause issues with the water temps.

When I install a new one, I always check it for this, and when needed, I will usually also use a dremel /w sanding disk to adjust the turkon seal inside the brass ring a bit if needed to make sure it is not a too tight fit to the moving part of the thermostat.

Yours looks like it was possibly scraping pretty hard on one side in those pics.

I was checking out the old ring and it may have been to tyt on it... so i looked at it closely and noticed it needed to be cleaned up both where the thermostat sits and the seal. I was surprised how much gunk was laying on the surface on the rim. Hopefully that did the trick for me?.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.