2003 Kenworth, w/cm570, crate engine in 2016
12-08-2019, (Subject: 2003 Kenworth, w/cm570, crate engine in 2016 ) 
RE: 2003 Kenworth, w/cm570, crate engine in 2016
(12-08-2019 )Irishflyer97 Wrote:  ...
Just found your article on VG turbos. So now the question, can one be added to a cm570 without an egr? Or maybe more precisely, is there an ECM profile to take advantage of the non egr VG for efficiency?

?yeah,... its called a (properly de-mandated) CM871 enigne!.

It is the most fuel efficient + lowest long term operating cost version of the ISX that the red engine maker has made to date.

There is no other 15-litre brand/make/model engine that can touch it in long term profits if someone just cares for it properly and does not abuse it.

The flip side though... ignore it, waiting for something to break,.. and/or add a bunch of life-sucking power to it, and/or gear the truck badly (tall rears) and lug the crap out of it a lot much below 1500 rpm's .. OR -- let a mechanic anywhere near it that absolutely does not know every single one of its quirks, or does not use a damn torque wrench on every single screw and bolt .. and your doomed to fail and hate it just like the rest of the people who have had bad experiences with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Irishflyer97

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2003 Kenworth, w/cm570, crate engine in 2016 - Rawze - 12-08-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.