My experience with the CrossFire Company
06-23-2016, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
RE: My experience with the CrossFire Company
(06-23-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Do you run 120 on your steer as well? And do you run a G or H rated rubber?

I've had many arguments at tire shops that refuse to inflate over 105 on a G tire. I ask them to show me where it says max pressure 105.... it says max load at 105. Now I have H rated anyways.

I have always run 115 in every tire I have ever put on my truck, i don't care what time of year it is. Last set of drives lasted 457k miles. Steers last about 180k on average. M710's and R283's

The rule of thumb on tires is ... the more cold air pressure you put in them, the less hot air pressure gets in them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-23-2016, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
(06-23-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Never thought to send one in. -- All I know is that for every 4 you buy,.. one is liable to be leaky.

I have considered buying the Halo auto-inflation system instead. I know of one driver who is very happy with them.

http://www.aperiatech.com

I think Yamajason researched those auto inflators already. I think in the old forum he said the only drawback with those are that a truck thief can easily unscrew the inflators and walk off with them. My memory is a little fuzzy he could have been referring to a similar device.
replyreply
06-24-2016, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
(06-23-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  I think Yamajason researched those auto inflators already. I think in the old forum he said the only drawback with those are that a truck thief can easily unscrew the inflators and walk off with them. My memory is a little fuzzy he could have been referring to a similar device.

Not if you siliconed or hot-glued the allen heads. Makes it a bit harder to remove by having to dig the heads free of silicone, but a thief could not be bothered.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I wish I could run those, but we go to too many mines and poor ground condition places and anything that runs from the inside tire through the to the outside one can potentially be damaged, and in a location where tire service is not easily accessible.
I'm quite surprised they can get a centrifugal force driven tiny compressor to produce significant pressure though! Any idea what the CFM output is?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
I was really interested in the Halos, but I was curious how they worked. I looked up a video on youtube that was put out by the company and the video shows a hamster running around in the halo like a wheel. The video kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, if I am going to spend close to $1500, at least put out a serious video showing how the thing works. Otherwise, how can I take the product/company seriously.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900 , morrison8 , Toolguy
01-03-2017, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
Hey Rawze, the driver that you know that runs the halo's, is he still happy with them? I'm still thinking about getting them but like with any large purchase, I'm very hesitant as I weight the pros and cons over weeks, months, or years. I also run the northeast. So, I'm real curious how they would hold up to a New England winter salt bath.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
01-03-2017, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
I too a curious how the halo would fair in canada. I have a feeling it may freeze up so I'm inclined to buy crossfire or cateye.

was also looking at something like this

http://mobile.dudasite.com/site

Local kenworth dealership was selling a tpms that was just a valve stem cap that changed color if pressure dropped.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
01-04-2017, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
DOn't know, have not heard from him in a while. He was very happy at the time though.

replyreply
05-18-2018, (Subject: My experience with the CrossFire Company ) 
How are these working out for you guys? I am putting on 8 new drives right now and was wondering how good they would do especially up here in the upper midwest? thanks

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.