Spread axle tires
12-19-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
RE: Spread axle tires
I run Brigstones on my low pro step with a spread axle. There the only thing I have found that will take the scrubbing. I tried Michelins years ago and they pulled chunks out when I had to tight turn heavy. The same thing happened with Continentals. I was cleaning the other day and noticed some of my Bridgestones were manufactured in 2013! Now to be fair I own two trailers so I am not always pulling this one but still that’s pretty amazing in my opinion. They are expensive, but worth it.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Ordered tires for tomorrow 2 new mich xline steers and 8 new bfg st230s for trailer.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(12-19-2019 )JMBT Wrote:  I run Brigstones on my low pro step with a spread axle. There the only thing I have found that will take the scrubbing. I tried Michelins years ago and they pulled chunks out when I had to tight turn heavy. The same thing happened with Continentals. I was cleaning the other day and noticed some of my Bridgestones were manufactured in 2013! Now to be fair I own two trailers so I am not always pulling this one but still that’s pretty amazing in my opinion. They are expensive, but worth it.

I went through quite a few different tires. I've been using BFG st230 on my step spread for years. They take the scrubbing really well. Only other set that were better were a set of Firestone pull offs but they were $100 more per tire.
replyreply
(12-19-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Ordered tires for tomorrow 2 new mich xline steers and 8 new bfg st230s for trailer.

Bought me two steer tires. Kelly KLH. Tire price wasn't bad until mounting, balancing, and taxes. $925 . I hope they last me awhile. Could have bought some China made tires for less money.

What kind of price on the Michelin steers did you get?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
530ish a tire but if you join Michelin advantage it was something like 25 a tire off and some sort of rebate if bought before end of the year so they should be down below 500 a tire and also gets me 15 off per bfg tire. Plus my tire shop buys good casings for 30 a case so there's another 300 in savings. I'm debating on seeing what they would give me for a used tire price on my drives "Yoko 703zl" and replacing them with xline also. Could be an expensive day.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
12-20-2019, (Subject: Spread axle tires ) 
I use the Michelin advantage. Dont get in a hurry to get it back. It takes a couple months. But they do give it.

I truly like my setup. I use Michelin x line on the steers (terrific tire never out of round) and BFG st230 (affordable and take the spread scrub well) on the trailer and can't recommend enough the Bridgestone m710 (solid tire, fuel mileage, wear great) on the drives.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.