Forum opinions
12-21-2019, (Subject: Forum opinions ) 
RE: Forum opinions

But tree I thought you bought new last year. What year was it when you bought used?
[/quote]

Yes I bought 2 new trucks last year, but im always looking for good used trucks just haven't bought any for the reasons I brought up.

I always chuckle when guys say "tell them they have to do this" or "demand that they do that, or tell them your walking" yeah right!! They aren't gonna do squat. They may not sell the truck to you but they damn sure will sell it to someone and they know that. Back around 2008 you had that kind of leverage..... the tables have turned.
[/quote]

So true. I can’t even get them to do follow up calls. I’ll look at a truck and show interest, then wait to see if he calls for some price leverage....nope, never hear from him again.
replyreply
idk last year when i bought my truck they were asking 60,000 i said ill buy now for 47,000 or ill keep looking they said no so i left the next day they called and i went in and bought the truck for 47,000. and that was a large international dealer.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
(12-21-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  idk last year when i bought my truck they were asking 60,000 i said ill buy now for 47,000 or ill keep looking they said no so i left the next day they called and i went in and bought the truck for 47,000. and that was a large international dealer.

No offense, but lonestars aren’t really hot ticket items. I like the lonestar, but the double bunk doesn’t have enough storage for us. I like international’s, I think their better built than Freightliners. I have a distain for Freightliner, I would never own one.
replyreply
So, I'm no expert on buying used equipment. But here's my 1/4 cent. If they will open it up and allow you to visually inspect the cam, then go for it. At the very least I would get the dyno test done. Before I bought mine I had a 3rd party shop dyno test it. I paid for the dyno, the dealer ended up paying $5k to the shop for various repairs before they could even run the dyno test (NOx sensors, doser injector, labor). Of course despite this and other inspections everyone missed a broken motor mount that caused me issues just after I got it on the road. Others are right, it's a used truck, if you look hard enough you will find something wrong. Make a list of reasons why NOT to buy the truck and work through that until you are satisfied. At some point you'll have done all the research possible and will just need to make a choice.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
What is the truck that makes it like a unique find. Is there something special about configuration or make and model that after
replyreply
(12-20-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  ...
owner pm every 20k miles.

ubnless that thing was busting 9+ mpg,.. that oil change interval is way too long.

I bet its packed with soot by now... its going to take some consecutive oil changes (3 or maybe 5) at 3k mile intervals to remove most of it again.

_ would certainly demand inspection of the overhead cam since this is the case.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
12-22-2019, (Subject: Forum opinions ) 
Thank you Rawze, that was the answer I was searching for! I thought 20k intervals were boarderline, maybe it was unnecessary. It isn’t a 50k mile fleet pm schedule, but also it didn’t have a bypass installed so I wasn’t totally sure.
replyreply
(12-21-2019 )Magard Wrote:  What is the truck that makes it like a unique find. Is there something special about configuration or make and model that after

Nothing special just didn’t want a no option, fleet maintained, short wheelbase, idled piece of crap. That’s an easy find, tons of that out there.

Something like this, it has low miles and a tripac. https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/truc...erbilt-579

My wife an I stay out for 3 to 6 weeks, we cook, have lots of laundry, ect.. it just doesn’t have enough storage for us. Plus other negative is the rear ratio. I sent an email asking for engine hours and rear ratio and was told it 3.25 and never got an answer on the hours.

This truck has been up for about 2-3 weeks. I can’t believe it’s not gone yet. Not a bad price for what it is.
replyreply
For that kind of money I would want a x15. One more year newer. There just starting to hit the market 2017 engines.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.