Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870
01-24-2020, (Subject: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 ) 
RE: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870
(01-24-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(01-23-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  I hope like hell you did this step too,... otherwise you may be doing it again.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid39699

No, of course I didn't. I see that TSB is listed for cm871 and newer. Maybe that's why there was no mention of it on my quickserve instructions?

My manifold doesn't get assembled with joint seals or anything. The only updates are to put the joint clam shells on if there is a leak at the joint. Maybe without the joint seals, the manifolds on the CM870 is allowed to expand more than the newer engines? I don't know. I'm not trying to explain it away. Or maybe I am... it was a cold greasy day yesterday. I did a rear pinion seal, rear S cams and slack adjusters on the pig too.

I'll contemplate tearing it back down this morning.

I didn't do it either(I also noticed it's for 871 and newer). I figured if the original bolts lasted 13 years and 500,000 then these new ones will still be ok long after the truck is in the junk heap. Maybe I'm wrong, If so I'll just re do it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 - Unilevers - 01-15-2020,
RE: Broken exhaust manifold bolt CM870 - tree98 - 01-24-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.