New davco questions
01-17-2020, (Subject: New davco questions ) 
RE: New davco questions
I always buy my steer tires from the local big truck tire store, they take care of all of the farmers around here too. Most of the guys have been there for years.
replyreply
I went cheap on last steers lasted 30k miles learned my lesson bought mich xline this go around

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
We'll go my new aerquip fuel lines and new davco put on along with some new flex pipes under the cab to the stacks. Now sitting here in my mechanics lot with no where to go since the whole east side of South Dakota is shut down due to a snow storm....30miles from the house lol. At least I have my beater car here for when Dad and I leave our trucks here if I need to run a couple blocks here in Sioux falls to get something lol!

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I've been running with these tires, steers and drives, for 120,000 miles now. Same tires that rolled off the dealer's lot. Drives are all recaps with 6 different casings. Steers have had some issue with balance or out of round for a while, but it's been tolerable and I've had other higher priority items to attend to. Still lots of tread, but the wear patterns are getting too bad to ignore. Just want to get something good, durable, balanced and round.

Btw, sorry your thread seems to have gotten a bit off topic!

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
We're truckers purdy sure we have a hard time ever caring bout a topic I look at most threads as chatrooms lol

replyreply
Ran a load of extrusion machinery out to Raven in Sioux Falls a little over a year ago. Seems like a nice area. Was early October so not too cold at that point. Dead headed to Minneapolis to get a load coming back east.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-18-2020, (Subject: New davco questions ) 
If money is an issue, which it always is out here, a set of those chinesium drive tires would be better than those caps. My buddies have been running them, and the darn things wear like iron. I'll have to check with them and see what they are using, I think my buddy Chuck is running the Road Master or Aeriolis (sp?), one of those two. The steer tires, just go the best you can afford, I would not run the chinesium stuff up there, and I would get the 16ply vs the standard 14ply for the steers. 14ply on the drives is fine in my book. Caps always scare me, when they cut loose, the damage can be excessive on our plastic trucks.

Look into some Crossfire tire equalizers, https://www.4statetrucks.com/wheels/semi...f9EALw_wcB

FleetPride sells them too, along with Amazon. Really makes life easy in regards to keeping the proper inflation in the drives. They come in multiple PSI ratings, so make sure you get all four the same and the correct ones for your setup. I use the 100 psi units, installed myself. A long handle 1/2" open end wrench makes the job much easier.
replyreply
Drives are fine, still plenty of tread left on them and no noticeable wear patterns or concerns. Steers are the only thing on the list right now. Definitely looking for a good quality product that will last long with little to no balance or out of round issues. Good rolling resistance is nice, but secondary to quality / durability / longevity. I planned on spending more upfront. Any specific brand/product recommendations would give me a good starting point in my research.

Already have a set of crossfire's in my amazon cart, just waiting till there's enough spare money. Also been scouting out in-cab TPMS setups for all the tractor tires. Gotta figure out how that could work along with the crossfires. Might need to go with an internal sensor?

I gotta say these recaps have been excellent. Great wear and traction and rarely any need to adjust the pressures outside of seasonal changes. I estimate another year of wear before they need to be changed out. Maybe just before next winter for safety. Most of my loads are in the 10-25k lbs range so that's probably helped.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Lonestar did the new filter assembly fix your bubbles in fuel?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.