ISX fault 1145
07-02-2016, (Subject: ISX fault 1145 ) 
ISX fault 1145
Opened up Insite today to check faults and do a regen and found inactive fault 1145 (Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 6 - Mechanical system NOT responding or out of adjustment). Going to do a cut out and leak down test, but Is there anything else I could monitor or do to investigate further into this? There is only 1 count of this code, and it didn't even have a MIL or CHK ENG light come on for it. I didn't even know it was there until I got on Insite. Would having filters changed during a PM cause that to come up when trying to prime the system again?

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
RE: ISX fault 1145
If a shop changed fuel filters and tried firing the truck up before the system was fully primed, it would throw a code like that.

When I ran out of fuel because my transafer pump and float started acting up..... I threw all kinds of codes.

Rawze usually tells guys to ignore it if it's just one count. Reset it and see if it returns.
replyreply
(07-02-2016 )Brock Wrote:  If a shop changed fuel filters and tried firing the truck up before the system was fully primed, it would throw a code like that.

When I ran out of fuel because my transafer pump and float started acting up..... I threw all kinds of codes.

Rawze usually tells guys to ignore it if it's just one count. Reset it and see if it returns.

That's what I figured happened once I thought about it a bit, but wanted to get some input first since this is the first time I've seen it. I don't have any performance issues or rough idle or anything so I'll clear it and keep an eye on it.

replyreply
07-07-2016, (Subject: ISX fault 1145 ) 
Have 2 counts on this code now. I've had a regen issue, so I ran with insite connected today so I could watch and see what all is going on with the dpf while I am going down the road. While monitoring I also had the faults window open and noticed that 1145 was active with 2 counts now. It wasn't running rough or anything when that fault went active, and didn't notice any differences in performance or rough idle afterwards either.

Backtrack to last month or so, I had exhaust leaks so I replaced the gaskets and vband clamps from the flex pipe to the exht side of the turbo. While I had that all apart, I cleaned up the aftertreat. injector with carb and choke cleaner and a brass brush. I didn't have the replacement gasket, cap screws, and insulator so stuck with the old and put it back together and torqued it to spec. Things went really well after. Did a forced regen once I got everything back together and it only took about 2 to 3 min for it to reach 1000*, and the passive regen cycles went back to once every 2 or 3 days, as well as the history was looking pretty good. Toward the end of June it slipped back into the 2 or 3 times a day deal, the history is all in the 2.5 to 3 area, and when I watched it do a forced regen, it took about 20 min for it to get up to the 875 900* range. Last night I had a code for too frequent regeneration requests, and in quickserve it mentioned that if engine oil or coolant get into the dpf it will cause this.

Would an aftertreatment injector that is on it's way out, and possibly constantly leaking into the exhaust be a possible cause for the 1145 code as well as the frequent regens?
I've read a couple threads on truckers report that it when the plungers start to give out, 1145 is one indication that there is a problem with the pump.. is that correct?

I do have to add about 3/4 gal at about 10,000 mark between service intervals, but when I had the exh pipe off on the exh side of the turbo (where the aftertreatment fuel injector is at), there was no build up or thick oily residue...just soot. Also don't have any external leaks, nor is there any coming from the rear main seals. Should I be looking further down the line for any issues of this sort?

replyreply
07-16-2016, (Subject: ISX fault 1145 ) 
(07-07-2016 )trdodd07 Wrote:  Have 2 counts on this code now. I've had a regen issue, so I ran with insite connected today so I could watch and see what all is going on with the dpf while I am going down the road. While monitoring I also had the faults window open and noticed that 1145 was active with 2 counts now. It wasn't running rough or anything when that fault went active, and didn't notice any differences in performance or rough idle afterwards either.

Backtrack to last month or so, I had exhaust leaks so I replaced the gaskets and vband clamps from the flex pipe to the exht side of the turbo. While I had that all apart, I cleaned up the aftertreat. injector with carb and choke cleaner and a brass brush. I didn't have the replacement gasket, cap screws, and insulator so stuck with the old and put it back together and torqued it to spec. Things went really well after. Did a forced regen once I got everything back together and it only took about 2 to 3 min for it to reach 1000*, and the passive regen cycles went back to once every 2 or 3 days, as well as the history was looking pretty good. Toward the end of June it slipped back into the 2 or 3 times a day deal, the history is all in the 2.5 to 3 area, and when I watched it do a forced regen, it took about 20 min for it to get up to the 875 900* range. Last night I had a code for too frequent regeneration requests, and in quickserve it mentioned that if engine oil or coolant get into the dpf it will cause this.

Would an aftertreatment injector that is on it's way out, and possibly constantly leaking into the exhaust be a possible cause for the 1145 code as well as the frequent regens?
I've read a couple threads on truckers report that it when the plungers start to give out, 1145 is one indication that there is a problem with the pump.. is that correct?

I do have to add about 3/4 gal at about 10,000 mark between service intervals, but when I had the exh pipe off on the exh side of the turbo (where the aftertreatment fuel injector is at), there was no build up or thick oily residue...just soot. Also don't have any external leaks, nor is there any coming from the rear main seals. Should I be looking further down the line for any issues of this sort?

Did you remove the pipe leading into the egr cooler? All of our 1212-2013 isx15s ate up egr coolers like no tomorrow. We replaced one about 2 months ago, and it lasted one month.

From what I was told these coolers have a 80% failure rate, which is horseshit if you ask me..

What did the dozer injector look like? when you removed it from the pipe was their a solid chunk of soot? I replaced one yesterday and when I removed it, it was completely plugged up where the hole is that the injector sprays into. I should have taken some pictures, it was horrendous

What does/was your soot load of the dpf filter?
replyreply
08-16-2016, (Subject: ISX fault 1145 ) 
(07-16-2016 )joed2323 Wrote:  Did you remove the pipe leading into the egr cooler? All of our 1212-2013 isx15s ate up egr coolers like no tomorrow. We replaced one about 2 months ago, and it lasted one month.

From what I was told these coolers have a 80% failure rate, which is horseshit if you ask me..

What did the dozer injector look like? when you removed it from the pipe was their a solid chunk of soot? I replaced one yesterday and when I removed it, it was completely plugged up where the hole is that the injector sprays into. I should have taken some pictures, it was horrendous

What does/was your soot load of the dpf filter?

Sorry for the late reply. Been a pretty busy last few weeks.

I haven't removed anything from the egr cooler, however I have heard about the dang near 100% fail rate on egr coolers though and I agree... complete BS!

My doser injector was pretty nasty. I cleaned it at first as it was completely covered with just a small hole where it sprayed, or leaked, fuel. It worked for a short amount of time, but then I started having frequent regen codes, dpf diff pressure codes, and when I monitored a forced regen, the temps were really low. Would take it almost 20 min to reach 850*. When I decided to replace it, it looked like the tip was clogged in the open position or maybe damaged. I have a pic of it after I removed it here:

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=602&page=2

I haven't checked soot load on the dpf before or after replacement, but diff pressure is was down in the 2.0 - 2.6 range on passive regen cycles now, from a constant 3 plus before. forced regens are at or below 1. I suspect I'll be needing a new filter soon, unless things work out where I can mandate'd' it.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.