EGR Tune up results
07-10-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
RE: EGR Tune up results
It's pretty simple really, the mechanics don't see it as a problem cause they're told it's normal from the OEMs,, I mean really why would the guy teaching you how to fix there product tell ya the bad things about it
replyreply
07-12-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
Can you re use the gasket from the intake manifold to the head? Or replace it every time you take off for cleaning? Also what is the torque when putting back on?
replyreply
(07-12-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Can you re use the gasket from the intake manifold to the head? Or replace it every time you take off for cleaning? Also what is the torque when putting back on?
On my cm2250 I had to replace it, Cuz it has a rubber type seal on it.
Torque is 45 ft. Lbs.
replyreply
Thanks
replyreply
07-19-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
Hot water and dawn soap seems to be the cheapest way I've found to clean them. Works well if you brush it a little bit or use a soft attachment on a drill. I touch them up after I'm done with some intake/carb cleaner. Any one else have other ideas or tricks?....I don't mean to hijack this thread but it seems applicable.
replyreply
07-19-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
After egr tune up do you need to do forced regen?
replyreply
07-20-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
(07-19-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  After egr tune up do you need to do forced regen?

It is not a bad idea, to ensure the DPF is clean and to ensure it can regen properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-20-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
Ok thanks rawze!! Looking forward to take apart intake off 502,000 mile motor that I'm pretty sure has never been cleaned out of the soot build up. I'm sure it's gonna look pretty!!
replyreply
07-21-2016, (Subject: EGR Tune up results ) 
UPDATE:

Well, sort of an update, lol. I haven't had a chance to really see how well the tuneup is affecting my mpg due to a bad IMAP sensor and I'm having to run a little harder since I'm behind on this load, but now that it's running well again, it's definitely not as weak pulling hills like it was, and it sounds way better than before as well. I did change out my Aftertreatment injector when I did the tune up.

./uploads/201607/post_1359_1469075387_77e852611cd79e2bc054abdf17e78f83.jpg

Looks like the injector tip is actually clogged in the open positon? It was covered with soot all the way flush with the insulator.

IMPORTANT:
If you decide to replace your injector... be sure that you get the correct one. The first one I had, the length of wire for the connector was way too short, so I had to bring my old one in and show them. Mine has about 12" of wire for the connector. Either snap a pic of it, or, if your calling in, ask them how long the connector is so that way you don't have to make two trips.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Randallbig

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.